|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Portfolio and Solutions team are looking for a leader to help us drive new business opportunities with market and compete analysis that will open new markets for our ecosystem of partners and portfolio of devices and solutions to generate incremental revenue and profit. As part of Microsoft’s Device Partner Sales organization, the Portfolio & Solutions (P&S) team is central to delivering on Microsoft’s vision for enabling digital transformation with an Intelligent Edge and Intelligent Cloud. This team is responsible for accelerating the portfolio, business model, and product strategy for partner edge devices and solutions that drives business growth and enables revenue, share and usage for Microsoft and our partners. We’re agile, we innovate and focus on growth in our products, capabilities, and programs with our partners.
The open position for Portfolio Lead – Analytics and Compete will lead our group’s efforts to design the data-based strategy for evaluation of markets and new opportunities that enables us to win customers, grow incremental revenue/profit streams and compete with existing or new partnerships.
This role offers the unique opportunity to influence a set of global portfolio development strategies and bring them to life by partnering with our portfolio leads and other internal stakeholders, along with driving analytics instrumentation and market insights for a large-scale Microsoft business.
- Deliver repeatable market analysis/insights, in partnership with internal teams, that support team KPIs for a portfolio of businesses, focusing on opportunities with Windows PCs, “Heavy Edge” (HCI and IOT appliances), Gaming endpoints, Teams devices connected to services that drive Azure or M365 consumption
- Support teams with business case creation and strategic evaluations that refine and optimize their portfolio of incubation opportunities leveraging internal and external data sources
This leader will manage analysis and recommendations across virtual team of solution-focused portfolio leads and for the overall DPS business. This individual functions at a strategic level, able to quantify opportunities and deliver recommendations which aggregate understanding of technology and product offerings, market dynamics, ecosystem players into growth plans for the business. Candidates should possess strong analytical skills and the ability to create data-driven, actionable strategies at a global level. This leader will also possess the ability to evaluate the potential impact of innovation initiatives to increase revenue and profit growth both internally and with partners. Strong cross-functional partnership is also a requirement, ensuring that we create sustainable new opportunities that can be taken forward by our global engines.
Specific role duties include:
- Provide repeatable analytics + insights framework and rhythm across DPS device portfolio (Intelligent edge/hybrid cloud – PC/Server/AED)
- Deliver market insights, business case support for incubation categories and partner capability analysis that result in new categories/portfolio advocacy/or solutions launched
- Develop and deliver Horizon 1,2,3 plans for analytics views and tools in concert with key stakeholders inside and outside DPS and the larger Global Partner Solutions organization
- Drive a repeatable monthly business/opportunity review with key stakeholders
- Partner with peer portfolio leads to analyze and recommend new opportunities for the product/solution portfolios they represent in “growth hacking” workshops
- Participate in executive reviews with ad-hoc analysis, reporting and insights
- Present insights during partner meetings (Business reviews, Portfolio Planning meetings)
- Effectively liaising with Business Planning, Business Development and Finance teams to share data and evaluate new business opportunities
- At least 5 years of experience in analytical (finance, market analysis, banking or equity analyst, data scientist) and business-focused roles (consulting, business planning, business development, market/sales forecasting)
- Clear communicator with superb ability to translate analytics into insights into business outcomes such as new deals, revenue/profit growth, increases in seats/activations
- Basic understanding of key technology markets (PC, Gaming, Server, Hyperconverged, Cloud, IoT, Conferencing solutions), the relevant players and their capabilities
- Ability to do deep competitive analysis that translates Microsoft’s value proposition into strategic growth plans (e.g. evaluate competitive advantage and partner capability)
- Understanding and experience with business intelligence solutions (Excel, PowerBI, Databases)
- Experience with pipeline management and sales stage analysis and metrics (e.g. velocity)
- Track record of driving business/product outcomes with data analytics, through influencing for impact and supporting strong cross-group and cross-cultural collaboration.
- Ability to foresee future trends based on data and a sixth sense for translating them into new business opportunities
- Proven ability to work across functions and provide leadership in challenging situations
- Skilled at prioritization, creating order and driving concise, actionable executive-level insights
- Confidence under pressure especially within tight timelines
- Able to represent Microsoft at Key Industry events as a credible subject matter expert
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.