|Location:||Detroit, Michigan, Redmond, Washington, San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Digital transformation is impacting every industry around the world. From retail and manufacturing to financial services and healthcare, disruption is already here. Customers across all Industries are asking Microsoft to help them reinvent their business, innovate, and digitally transform to today’s new realities.
The Automotive Industry Team, part of the Worldwide Enterprise Commercial Organization, is accountable for leveraging deep industry and technical expertise to enable sales teams and partners to deliver relevantindustry solutions and services, built on a secure, integrated cloud platform, to empower our customers to digitally transform their businesses. It’s no longer just about one simple software solution; it’s about creating a connected, secure, efficient, and scalable digital ecosystem. Further, they will guide our engineering teams to address key needs as part of product roadmaps.
Our team culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. We also strive to have fun!
If you have a passion for customer success and want to be part of the greatest digital revolution, we want to hear from you.
The Industry Solutions Manager will define and shape the priority industry strategy portfolio of Automotive and Mobility Services solutions and build on the deep partnerships that empower digital transformation across the industry. They will ensure that Microsoft customers are well-positioned for success in a rapidly changing business and technology environment.
In this exciting role, the Industry Solutions Manager will lead the development of the Autonomous Drivingsolutions across Automotive. Engage Field sales, Marketing, Partner, Solution engineering teams and others to drive solutions, partnerships, and strategic sales. The individual in this role will bring deep industry experience, strategic thinking, customer obsession, a passion for innovation and best-practice sharing, all while showing they can deliver exceptional results over time. This individual will be a strong virtual team leader, able to cultivate relationships with senior management and manage across functional teams. Critical skills include the ability to identify new market opportunities, models, and solution gaps; articulate business value and outcomes; and build strategies around market requirements.
In order to help the team create and advise others on the appropriate solutions portfolio, the Industry Solutions Manager role will drive a deep understanding of customer business issues, context, challenges and strategic direction (both with the customer, and within the industry the customer operates), as well as have an understanding of the partner ecosystem relevant to industry solutions and local markets.
The role of the Industry Solutions Manager enhances client awareness of Microsoft as a solution provider beyond traditional client-side IT decision makers, and re-positions market perception of Microsoft as a trusted partner for digital transformation with business decision makers.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
- Work closely with Microsoft Industry Regional Business Leaders (RBL), field teams to land the priority scenario portfolio.
- Work closely with the Microsoft partner ecosystem and teams to identify next generation partners.
- Develop a clear GTM and execution plan for the priority scenario.
- Think in terms of transformation and innovation that drives real industry change.
- Be a leading SME within the WW Industry Team.
- Have a deep knowledge of competitive differentiation.
- Drive executive conversations both in and outside of IT further expanding and deepening client relationships and satisfaction.
- Execute a solution sales process that adds value to customers through commercial teaching, to win the business and establish yourself as a trusted advisor.
- Participate in a cross-team governance process that represents the needs of Industry solutions, customers and the field, effectively liaising with engineering and other corporate functions to problem-solve and develop innovative new strategies and programs.
- Development and delivery of performance and business ROB and learnings
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- At least 5 years experience and strong understanding of automotive vehicle engineering, autonomous and Automated Driver Assist Solutions (ADAS) systems – and the the value / cost drivers that they can drive in the industry
- At least 5 years experience of deep Automotive expertise to enable translation of business requirements into business development and customer messaging
- At least 5 years experience as a senior industry solution sales or consulting position in a competing, partner or IT company
- Strong understanding of software development processes and practices (DevOps), preferably in the autonomous development domain.
- Master communicator with superb ability to translate technology solutions into business outcome driven sales tools.
- Deep Automotiveexpertise to enable translation of business requirements into field and customer messaging and readiness materials.
- Skilled at prioritization, creating order and marshalling resources towards achieving a common goal.
- Confidence under pressure especially within tight timelines.
- Experienced in solution selling methodology.
- Experienced in managing virtual teams without authority.
- Flexibility to accommodate change and thrive amid ambiguity.
- Passion for technology as an enabler for company growth.
- Tireless advocate for the Automotiveindustry within Microsoft.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Experience in sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and consultative selling preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.