|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting teams in Microsoft? A startup like team relentlessly focused on customer needs, market expansion in the supply chain / logistics vertical and advancing Microsoft Cloud strategy? Then look no further than the Azure Global Team!
Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s commercial Cloud Services. To help customers achieve their goals, Azure Global Commercial Industry Team is investing in building industry specific technology across major industries like Logistics. As we drive to be the leading cloud platform in the world, we are hiring an exceptional PM to help drive our hyper-scale business forward globally in the Logistics industry.
In this role, you would work with the product and engineering group to build logistics core capability build on the foundation of data and analytics. You will also engage with Microsoft’s Logistics customers and partners to deploy these capabilities. This is not a standard PM role, you will also be responsible for driving business targets and brining domain specific expertise to Azure. You will translate industry challenges into viable cloud architectures that will transform their businesses and ultimately transform the industry. The role calls for someone especially adept at conceptualizing complex ideas quickly and conveying those thoughts to others in a clear, effective and motivating manner, whether to a room of engineers or C-level executives. The ideal candidate will deep experience in the Supply Chain with expertise in cloud development and data & analytics workloads with demonstrated success in taking businesses into the cloud.
- A Supply Chain / Logistics junkie who lives and breathes first, middle and last mile
- Have experience in building and shipping cloud services
- Are experienced in successfully engaging with customers in adopting new platform technologies
- Will drive customer feedback and requirements back into our product groups, effectively advocating in order to push our platform forward with creation of new features, products and hardware, enabling customers to achieve more in our cloud.
- Have an execution focused mindset, ability to roll up your sleeves, working with various engineering, marketing, finance, legal, operations, and field teams to drive top customer success and turn those learnings into scalable programs.
- Own executive engagement with both the customer and Microsoft, ensuring that issues and risks of all types are proactively addressed and communicated across the partnership. Also drives the rhythm of business activities within the team and across the org to ensure end-to-end success for both Microsoft and our customers.
- 10+ years’ experience mixed across product management and business development
- Experience in shipping complex, strategic, business critical workloads around logistics problems, including communication to make a customer successful on every step of the journey.
- Experience working with top tier customers C suite and a strong network of other logistic leaders in the logistics domain
- A structural, repeatable approach in solving complex problems, can communicate to senior decision makers in a clear, compelling way, and drive decisive action in partnership with others in a large organization.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements, scenarios into products and services, ability to deliver results in an environment of ambiguity.
- A drive to work with ambiguous problems across multiple time zones, cultures and businesses.
- Excellent communication skills, strong leadership and influencing skills. Ability to work independently in both technical and business settings (internally and externally).
- Industry experience in logistics and supply chain, including deploying to multiple customers
- Experience in building and designing cloud-based architectures including big data analytics and machine learning
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- MBA / Consulting background
- Strong track record of delivering services and/or shipping products
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.