|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Sales Manager is leading insurance account teams to drive customer business outcomes, to help customers to digitally transform in their industry, to accelerate revenue growth, consumption, usage and customer adds.
1) DEMONSTRATE CUSTOMER & PARTNER OBSESSION by driving business value to customers and demonstrating that Microsoft is focused on their success.
- Drive digital business outcomes for your customers across 3 Horizons that are relevant to their Industry and territory, execute Solution Area Sales Plays that drive digital business outcomes in each Industry.
- Win with Partners and build mutual trust with Co-sell Prioritized solution partners through joint account planning in all accounts, outbound lead sharing adhering to defined SLA on inbound Cosell requests and actively selling with priority partners for the industry and for the solution areas.
- Accelerate Customer Satisfaction: you and your team being the Trusted Advisors to our customers, increasing Account Team Quality and improving Account Transition experience, accelerating relevant C-Level and Line of Business Owners conversations.
2) LEAD WITH BUSINESS EXCELLENCE to accelerate sales execution and to deliver a predictable, healthy and compliant business
- Lead and empower frictionless orchestration and hold the rest of the sub teams accountable for lead generation and pipeline velocity across 4 rolling quarters to deliver on targets. Lead the consumption business to ensure ATU ownership of Envisioning Stage with customer and increase the number of success engagements owned by AE/ATS over time by managing engagement pipeline to maintain velocity, unblock issues.
- Lead a 360 review at least once a year for each customer including the key stakeholders across customer, partners and internal, ensure high quality account planning delivery on time, ensure account plans drive a step change increase in share of Customer Potential and Propensity (CPP) to maximize share of wallet, sign off account plans each quarter.
- Achieve targets on FRA, billed revenue, consumption, usage, customer adds on all 3 clouds, anticipate and win against competition through our technologies and partners by differentiating the values of our solutions.
3) ACT AS CULTURAL TRANSFORMATION LEADER by role modelling learn-it-all culture, building and developing high-performing teams to deliver customer outcomes.
- Role model learn-it-all culture by reaching 100% Technical Skill Initiative completion and all other role-based achievements at defined deadlines.
- Drive customer skilling with Enterprise Skills Initiative (ESI) and ensure skilling plans are in place for each customer in close alignment with the Area Learning Team.
- Coach for excellence by adopting and applying new habits, executing on weekly coaching rhythm with each seller and focused on driving customer outcomes and partner engagements, coach ATS towards the FY21 expectations of the role.
4) Microsoft managers bring out the best in their people to achieve team and organization priorities. As a manager, personally commit to deliver success through empowerment and accountability by:
- Modeling: Live the culture, values and leadership principles. Share your management philosophy with your team and make it real through your words and actions.
- Coaching: Enable others’ performance. Build management skills by completing your learning path and development opportunities.
- Caring: Empower others to discover, connect, and grow. Have healthy, candid conversations (Connects, Perspectives, 1:1).
5) Trust and Compliance: Personally, commit to generate and protect Microsoft trust by modeling integrity every day and contributing to ethical sales and sustainable growth.
- Model integrity and ethical behaviors every day.
- Operate in full adherence to Company policies and processes and ensure timely 100% completion of online mandatory Compliance Trainings.
- Cooperate with audits and other compliance processes & controls and help on remediation actions. Be proactive in identifying risks inherent to your role and escalate concerns.
6) Diversity and Inclusion: To realize our mission to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more, each and every one of us must help create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result. With this priority, personally commit to be an active and intentional participant in creating a diverse and inclusive Microsoft.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- 10+ years of related experience: Sales leadership roles, managing high performance sales and technical-sales teams, coaching solution sales and account development strategies, leadership roles in multi-tiered global organizations, selling and delivering complex solutions to enterprise customers
- Experienced in complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Challenger, Holden, Krauthammer, etc.), sales methodologies
- Meaningful non-Microsoft prior work experience at one of the following: one or more of our Enterprise customers driving digital transformation within, Consulting or Services company such as McKinsey, Accenture, SAP, or the equivalent; competing cloud service providers and software companies, particularly Oracle, IBM, SalesForce.com, AWS
- Proven track record and experience leading organizational transformations while delivering on results on short-term, mid-term, long-term. Background in large-scale, multi-year enterprise change management
- Strategic leadership with track record driving results faster than competition in new markets/solution areas (preferred: cloud services growth, consumption, usage). Strategy development with multi-phase execution and delivery
- Demonstrated ability to understand how to run business and commercial models (including, but not limited to, account territory management, P&L ownership, business planning)
- Broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and effective marketing tactics
- Executive communications, engagement, and influence
- Strong negotiation and financial analysis skills
- Industry knowledge in one or more priority industries (as appropriate/relevant): Automotive, Financial Services, Healthcare, Media & Communications, Retail, Government, Energy.
- Knowledgeable of the Microsoft partner ecosystem and programs
- Talent attractor and developer: Proven history attracting and developing new leaders
- Strong leadership & interpersonal skills, coaching skills, cross-group collaboration and proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries
- Experience in building and developing diverse and inclusive teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (MBA preferred)
- Experience in the insurance vertical, preferred