|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and it is Azure’s Cloud Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization that is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. CSCP’s vision is to empower customers to achieve more by delivering Cloud Capacity Differentiated at Scale. Our mission is to deliver capacity for all cloud services predictably through intelligent systems driven by continuous learning and a world class organization. The organization is responsible for Microsoft’s customer cloud promise of delivery on Elasticity and Scale at Optimal Cost and Speed. We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working 24x7x365 to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help foster and develop the product data management team and drive a digital transformation across the Microsoft Cloud deployment pipeline tools and systems. The Cloud Supply Chain Operations organization manages the supply of IT hardware for the data centers worldwide. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team and influence the way one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cloud environments is built and supported. This role will report to the General Manager of Cloud Supply Chain Operations and be responsible for the functions that manage the product configurations and sku designs. Key performance indicators are process cycle times, BOM quality, and operational productivity.
- Lead a team to drive best-in-class product data management engineering, deliver and standardize PLM processes, procedures, and automation for the deployment pipeline
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives, systems implementations, and manage data governance and quality
- Partner with engineering development teams
- Develop organizational Objectives and Key Results and track progress of KPIs
- Work with engineering groups to define priorities, schedules and resources needed
- Manage stakeholder relationships and process dependencies from product hardware design, capacity planning, supply chain sourcing and planning and data center rack deployment
- Act as an escalation point for the team, helping to remove barriers to progress and productivity
- Champion and advocate for a culture of thinking End to End across Azure and our partner organization
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, engineering or related field
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in operations, engineering, and/or systems development
- knowledge of leading technology and best practices with configuration management, product data management, PLM, and Supply Chain
- Experience working with engineering, supply chain, capacity planning, sourcing and datacenter teams
- Proven capabilities to drive positive business results through cross-group collaboration and partnerships
- Experience with executive level communication
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups spanning all organizational levels
- Strong critical thinking, attention to detail and resolution in sometimes ambiguous situations
- Hands on experience with transformation strategies, major systems deployments, engineering and proposing executive level transformation programs
- Proven leadership with complex, cross functional projects including setting scope, reaching consensus, execution, and presenting results
- CM2 training and certification
- Working knowledge of data analytics tools (Power BI, etc.)
- PMP certification
- Experience with IT Service Management, ITIL, Change Management, Release Management, Product Life Cycle
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.