|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. At Microsoft, we also work to empower our employees so they can achieve more. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
Microsoft Tax & Trade Department is responsible for Worldwide Tax & Trade Reporting, Compliance, and Planning, including the technology and process functions to support the coordination of the worldwide tax and trade functions. There are seven major functions within the Tax Department. 1) Tax Affairs; 2) International Tax and Transfer Pricing; 3) Tax Reporting 4) Tax Planning and Tax Controversies; 5) Indirect Tax; 6) Tax Litigation and 7) Tax Process, Technology & Trade.
- Assist with preparation of Microsoft’s US GAAP income tax accounting models including deferred accounting, payable accounting, tax accounts roll-forward, FIN48, return-to-provision true-up, tax depreciation, tax amortization and ETR
- Provide support with building the processes and calendar to ensure a smooth connection among accounting, tax compliance and tax accounting functions
- Build excellent audit files to support financial statement audits
- Provide support to the Domestic Compliance group for US income tax compliance filings
- Provide audit support to the Tax Controversies group for issues related to US income tax positions and filings
- Assistance with maintenance and compliance of key SOX controls related to US tax accounting
- Scrutinize, challenge, and propose changes to existing processes and procedures
- Keep up to date with tax legislation, SEC Regulations, and US GAAP changes, practice and global developments
- BS in Accounting or MSA, MST, or MAC
- 5+ years of experience of applicable experience
- Deep hands-on experience with ASC740 modeling and tax accounting software
- Hands-on experience with IRS US and US international corporate income tax
- Strong database and desktop application ability (specifically SAP and MS Office)
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate effectively with team members and business stakeholders
- Exhibit analytical thinking, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent prioritization and organizational skills
- CPA certification is desired
- Previous experience in corporate tax department;
- Previous experience in Big 4 corporate tax practices
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.