|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Storage team enables customers to build scalable, durable, and highly available cloud applications. The Storage PM team is looking for a Program Manager with strong customer focus and experience with data-driven decision making to join the Supportability Fundamental PM team.
As the owner of a key fundamental of the Azure Storage platform, you will:
- Have the opportunity to effect valuable changes to the customer experience by providing solutions for top customer issues.
- Build features, tools and documentation in collaboration with feature teams to improve the product, self-diagnostics and tools to prevent and reduce resolution time for customer issues.
- Be part of a team of PMs and engineers who are working toward a top business critical goal to improve customer satisfaction with the Azure Storage platform while ensuring support cost does not sky-rocket with our hockey-stick growth.
Strong technical background and understanding of distributed systems are a must to help drive product decisions and customer requirements into design. Proven capability of using data to solve high impact business problems is also desired.
As part of a team you will be responsible to:
- Measure, understand and improve Supportability Fundamentals of the Azure Storage stack through data insights
- Distill customer insights from support cases, user forums and surveys into requirements for feature teams to improve their features/scenarios, tooling and documentation
- Design and build tools required to prevent customer issues and reduce issue resolution time of top customer concerns through data analysis, deep dives into product features and customer scenarios
- Drive semester planning and delivery of features related to the fundamental for Azure Storage
- Effectively communicate health of the Storage Fundamental through reports and presentations on a regular basis
- 4+ years of professional relevant PM experience, preferably in an online service
- BA or MS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems is a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.