|Location:||Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a data protection, compliance, or privacy professional with a passion for excellence and strong collaboration in order to achieve efficient outcomes? Are you comfortable working across teams to lead and build consensus, resolve conflicts, and create positive long-term working relationships? If so, apply today to join the Trust & Integrity Protection (TrIP) team within Microsoft Services as a Data Protection (DP) Manager!
The Data Protection Manager will proactively drive risk management and compliance objectives as a key partner and trusted advisor to planning teams, ensuring future state processes and programs have privacy and security included by design. Key to this role will be building effective working relationships across the business, and proactively driving the adoption of key policies and standards relevant to the business. A successful candidate will also be in close coordination with regional TrIP Data Protection and Privacy Managers to see that relevant regional business and regulatory requirements are evaluated as key inputs into future strategies and program enhancements.
We are looking for someone who can work in a global environment, in a rapidly changing space, and be able to represent the team to customers, partners, and internal or external leadership.
About the Organization:
Microsoft Services’ Trust & Integrity Protection (TrIP) team contributes to the success of Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB) data protection initiatives. TrIP defines processes for customers’ data protection including privacy, security, governance, risk and compliance solutions, and provides guidance and oversight across the WCB division.
Our team values strong cross-team communication and collaboration, and proactive sharing of learnings and best practices to help make our whole team stronger. At the same time, to be successful in this role you need to be a self-motivated driver who can succeed with limited direction.
Deliver Strategic Frameworks
- Deliver a roadmap by aligning data protection services with business goals, strategies, and priorities
- Deliver requirements for business solutions and remove organizational blockers
Embed Business Accountability
- Forge strong partnerships with your specific planning and process teams, in order to proactively review business strategies and complete risk-based data protection reviews at the optimal time in the change cycle
- Increase awareness of data protection obligations within the Organization
- Share data protection best practices
- Deliver data protection insights tailored to the business
- Partner to drive risk mitigation and improvements through various data protection reviews
Delivery a Compelling Trust Story
- Remove sales blockers
- 2+ years’ experience in privacy, security, or compliance disciplines
- Familiarity with control frameworks and regulatory/compliance requirements such as ISO27001, HIPAA, FISMA/FedRamp, EU Data Protection Directive, etc.
- Data Governance, Privacy, or Information Security certifications such as CIPP, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAPP, CFE, etc. AND/OR relevant degree. CIPP preferred
- Understanding of enterprise compliance governance and oversight processes (information security standards, laws and regulations, privacy and security, risk management, control protocols, methodologies, and practices)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor communications based on audience
- Strong project management abilities, driving projects and deliverables, and measuring results
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.