|Job Type:||Full Time|
Would you like to leverage your strategy and operations expertise to optimize new operating models which drive business excellence across our customer facing organizations and ultimately empower our partners and customers? Then, this could be your next great career adventure!
Shared Business Operations (SBO), within Business Excellence & Operations (BEO), drives modernization of core operational capabilities that enables Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) and Customer Success (CS) to compete effectively, enabling agility and trusted experiences that continuously meet the needs of our customers, partners and colleagues.
Within SBO, the Modern Experiences, Platforms & Analytics (MXPA) Team is looking for a Strategy and Operations Manager. In this role, you will:
- Participate in overall MXPA strategy formulation, building discrete roadmaps for our capabilities and driving cutting across workstreams to execute on them, collaborating with the leadership team in the process. Facilitate business planning and execution.
- Assist in development and landing of new operating models, within our own organization, along with our partners and exploring new partnerships with product groups.
- Understand & support the cross-team prioritization of investments, manage tradeoff processes, and highlight key portfolio risks.
- Represent the MXPA Organization, strategy, initiatives in various leadership forums. Support and prepare the org leader in managing the business by preparing content for keynotes, presentations, meetings, etc.
- Lead planning and execution of ROB, including business reviews, leadership team meetings, and off-sites.
- Manage internal and external communications for the leader and the organization.
- Drive broader people initiatives w/communication and evangelism. Lead the workstreams towards elevating Tech Intensity in the organization.
- Manage stakeholders, operational issues, and escalations. Expedite initiatives as needed. Drive and measure/OKR-driven accountability culture in the organization.
- Drive conscious branding activities for the MXPA organization.
- Willing to challenge norms and roll up your sleeves to help the team be successful.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience required, MBA a plus.
- 7+ years of relevant business experience in Program and/or business management.
- Demonstrated experience in working with and as a member of business or operations leadership teams to drive organization process, governance, and standards.
- Ability to impact and influence at all org levels. Outstanding communication skills to facilitate support and engagement at all levels of the organization.
- High level of organization, planning, prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work and create structure in complex and ambiguous situations and respond flexibly in time sensitive situations.
- Conflict / Negotiation management - demonstrated influencing skills.
- Strong written/oral communication skills required along with desire and ability to communicate with business leaders through all levels of the organization.
- Strong end to end thinking with process orientation; ability to develop enterprise-wide solutions.
- High energy and a “can do” attitude. Ability to motivate self and others.
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere in the United States. You can expect limited global travel, less than 5%.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.