|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about influencing and driving economic value across Microsoft’s most complex supplier relationships and looking for an opportunity to impact decisions that will have a long-term impact on Microsoft’s future? Are you experienced in supplier or partner relationship management including:
- Driving economic value realization
- Managing supplier accountability and performance
- Balancing trade-offs to optimize for value for Microsoft
- Developing, negotiating and implementing contract strategies
Procurement has a mission to deliver business value through proactive global solutions that are innovative, compliant and cost effective and exceed stakeholder expectations. Procurement is a global team of 220+ employees across 30 countries supporting 100+ geographies worldwide facilitating $30B+ in annual purchases worldwide.
Microsoft’s Supplier Management team within MS Procurement has an opening for an experienced leader to lead a team of experienced global Supplier Account Managers focused on driving supplier accountability, managing supplier risk and extending economic value across our highest impact ‘Managed’ suppliers. The Group Manager of Supplier Relationship Management will act as a strategic business partner to senior leadership on all aspects of supplier engagement across Microsoft in support of our broad business objectives and will evolve our 360 Relationships with our most strategic partners.
Primary Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Support the continued evolution of Procurement’s Microsoft Supplier Relationship Management Strategy.
- Lead and nurture the capabilities and impact of a high performing team of Supplier Account Managers that partner with internal stakeholders across Microsoft business groups to drive supplier accountability and enhance economic value
- As a manager deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modelling, coaching and caring.
- Use judgment, subject matter expertise, and proven methodologies to minimize risk and business impact
- Demonstrate through effective measurement and performance systems that Managed Suppliers continue to be our most trusted, capable & compliant suppliers to deliver business outcomes faster & with greater quality
- Partner with Suppliers to enable Microsoft to be the Customer & Partner of Choice, ensuring we get the A team, winning our war for talent.
- In partnership with CELA monitor, assess and improve our Master contract agreements to provide comprehensive coverage, protection, and flexibility for Microsoft through skillful negotiations and strategic development of new contract structure
- Lead and manage one or more of our highest complexity multi-faceted supplier relationships partnering with our sales executives, alliance leaders driving the 360 perspective landing and accelerating go to market opportunities while driving supplier accountability.
- Provide leadership and proactive management of stakeholder relationships, both internal and with suppliers. Proactively recognize business and supplier issues, provide advice and risk mitigation strategies to internal customers regarding supplier matters, offer counsel, guidance, and interpretation during all stages of the supplier life cycle and ensure senior management is appropriately briefed on all significant terms and risks
- Act as a thought leader to drive continuous improvement to our Supplier Relationship Management processes and tools.
- Drive community of practice across Microsoft connecting Supplier and Contract Management Professionals sharing experiences, driving operational consistency and enhancing One Microsoft Impact.
- Partner and land key company strategic initiatives and goals through our Managed Suppliers including diversity, sustainability and trust.
- Effectively plan and manage budgets and resources to achieve impact.
- Lead a diverse team of professionals and evolve the team culture – including inclusiveness of remote employees with an aim of achieving best-in-class organizational health
- BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Engineering or Supply Chain. Masters preferred
- 5 years People Management experience with demonstrated experience leading teams to generate a vision, establish direction, motivate colleagues and employees, encourage diverse views, and fostering an environment where people can thrive, do their best work and feel appreciated and recognized
- 8-12 years of business experience, including significant, senior-level leadership roles
- 5 years outsourcing supplier management, with proven performance improvements realized year over year.
- Demonstrated experience in providing strategic and thought leadership in the discipline of supplier relationship management
- Ability to communicate information effectively, create effective Program stories of impact, able to evangelize and influence across multiple audiences and at all levels in the organization
- Ability to persuade, lead and motivate others through indirect influence
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft’s core businesses fundamentals
- Experience of managing executive escalations from initiation to settlement
- Six Sigma black belt preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.