|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a passion for developing innovative solutions to provide an optimal internal customer experience when they visit our amazing AnswersHub team for support? Then, this could be a compelling opportunity for you!
The AnswersHub team is part of the Shared Business Operations (SBO) team, whose mission is to continuously modernize our operational capabilities, enabling Microsoft to accelerate Customer value.
Our role within the organization is critical to enabling the transformation to modern operations, through solving issues, identifying systemic problems, and driving improvements related to role experiences within the Connected Customer Experience ecosystem.
SBO, within Business Excellence & Operations (BEO), drives modernization of core operational capabilities that enables Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) and Customer Success (CS) to compete effectively, enabling agility and trusted experiences that continuously meet the needs of our customers, partners and colleagues.
AnswersHub works with SBO and key stakeholders in the MCS and CS organizations to prepare for transformational changes, to work in collaboration with change management teams and ultimately to support the field through change and out the other side, by finding and orchestrating the awareness, prioritization and fix of problems. We gather feedback to help shape the future.
In short, AnswersHub helps to ensure that our field roles can maximize their focus on our customers.
Business Product Manager, AnswersHub
We are looking for a strong, operations minded, Business Product Manager to join our team who will enable and empower our AnswersHub team, through implementing modern support solutions & automation. You will be someone who loves to innovate and leverage the work of others, to apply technology and automation to our ecosystem. Your objectives will include leading the ability to offer cost effective high quality modern support experiences, ensuring that our end to end platform enables identification, triage, prioritization, communication and remediation of problems. You will enable various support channels and telemetry, so that we not only capture new issues, but listen to feedback and provide confidence that our extended function operates with agility, context and understanding of the people we support.
In short – you will be working magic to enable the significant needs for change are identified and acted upon, so that overall Microsoft can deliver a great experience to our end customers.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful, and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
Your Primary Responsibilities:
- You will be the primary interface between the AnswersHub team where you will collaborate on the business requirements and our engineering and supplier teams to configure and build experiences.
- You will integrate the work you, and your extended team, do within the SBO role at the center strategy, and ensure that innovation and capabilities resonate with the roles you support. This includes facilitating workshop / research sessions.
- You will assess options, leveraging best practices to drive a support transformation roadmap from our legacy / current platform to a highly agile and integrated solution, that our customer trust and value as the one place to go.
- You will balance cool with cost and capacity and find ways to innovate at the same time and program managing the full lifecycle, ensuring that operationally we remain stable and relevant.
- You will enable AnswersHub by leading the strategy, building the requirements and program manage the end to end process to move innovation into production.
- You will orchestrate governance of automation changes including those driven by our partner teams. Working with privacy / security /compliance teams as needed.
- You will help others build their impact on our solutions and seek out and learn what others are doing / have done so that you can build on their products and shared passion for impact.
What You Need to Bring to this role to Succeed?
- 4+ years of experience in program or product management.
- Experience with cloud technologies, collaborating with business and engineering/technical stakeholders.
- You will have expertise working with Agile and/or DevOps environment and apply a systems-based mindset to problem solving.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can multi-task a variety of initiatives, always working effectively to deadlines.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- MBA or a graduate/doctorate degree in Computer Science
- You have excellent program management skills working in an engineering environment and passionate about enabling solutions to be operationalized, sustained, and optimized.
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries You will ideally have experience managing and configuring Service Now platforms
- You will have proven ability to listen, lead, influence and motivate technical communities and drive cross-group collaboration, with the ability to effectively recognize and adapt to change
- Exceptional analytical and technical skills to solve tough data and customer support problems
- Strong self-drive to learn and build new skills rapidly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts.
- You appreciate and are an advocate of diversity and inclusion in a company workplace.
- You have a clear understanding of financial and operational risk and mitigation.
- Routine bores you. You are inquisitive, like new challenges and are an agent of change.
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere in the U.S. with a preference for the Seattle, WA area. near Microsoft HQ. You can expect limited travel, less than 10%.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.