|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Commercial Business Health and Insights (CBHI) team within US GSMO will focus on the continuous business health assessment across the entirety of the commercial portfolio, including our segment investments, the ROB & forecast, and the coordination across our segment HQ teams.
The CBHI finance team has an opening for a Sr Finance Manager to drive thought leadership across its commercial portfolio. This finance team will support the business with short-term and long-term projects and analysis, business reviews, rhythm of business deliverables, and identifying growth opportunities. The role requires a high degree of agility and skill in navigating multiple stakeholder requirements while enabling accelerated growth aspirations for the business in a highly competitive market environment. The successful candidate will develop deep analytical skills aimed to identify and prioritize market opportunities, understand customer trends, and assess overall business health. Being results oriented will ensure you not only keep pace with this rapidly evolving organization, but also play a pivotal role in leading transformation across the business. This role will be responsible for proactive strategic thinking, delivering insights, and project specific analysis to solve challenging business questions, focusing on go to commercial portfolio management, strategy, and execution.
- Cross Group Collaboration: Partner with cross functional team (Segments, M&O, WW teams, Finance, etc.) to support commercial portfolio proactive business health assessment & required insights to influence right course of action.
- Financial Analysis: Conduct financial analysis to provide business health insights and articulate those findings to finance and business leadership to support decision making.
- This job will lead with analysis and insight. Analysis starts with clarifying the strategy and asking hard questions.
- Then, you need a curiosity about how to answer those questions and a willingness to try, put your ideas out there, be wrong, listen, learn and try again.
- Analyze and present financial information in simple terms, presenting conclusions and recommendations to executives.
- Drive standardization and simplification.
- Communication: Drive actionable outcomes. Participate and influence business decisions based on knowledge of the strategy, business model and market. It is expected of the role to be able to work thru ambiguity, collaborate as needed, and have orientation towards landing insights & results to drive the business forward.
- Team mindset: Deliver impact by building on the work others – As a Finance Manager you maximize your impact by working across teams, aligning people and resources, establishing aspirational targets and fostering shared accountability. Build community with peers in other subs and corporate connections. Promote a culture of ROI and profitable growth.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related degrees; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of finance experience (financial analysis, modeling, reporting and strategy) in a large organization including business partnering experience. Ability to think strategically and communicate effectively with all levels of management and to influence business partners.
- Proven team player and collaborator who has demonstrated strong energy in ambiguous situations. Ability to handle a high degree of ambiguity, and fast paced change management.
- Expertise in financial planning and analysis, including: analysis, forecasting, planning, reporting, and developing financial models. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across multiple groups, responsive with strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving and project management with proven ability to drive projects and analysis to closure.
- Strong ability, expertise and/or aptitude to work with Microsoft’s financial systems, policies, and tools (KPI Lake, MS Sales) preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.