|Location:||Chicago, Illinois, New York, New York, San Francisco, California, Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The focus of the Support Specialist Manager’s role is to lead a team of Support specialists, driving solutions that ensure our customers are supported throughout all stages of the product lifecycle, improving their health and enabling customer outcomes and consumption. Key accountabilities include:
- Planning & Executing as One Microsoft: define & implement area support strategy & sales plan, in partnership with Enterprise leadership, ensuring frictionless orchestration & a One Microsoft experience for customers
- Leading a Healthy, Predictable Sales Business: achieve or exceed quota targets, ensuring sales hygiene, four quarter rolling pipeline coverage & deal excellence, continuously coaching sellers to improve sales excellence proficiency & behaviors
- Driving Customer Outcomes & Consumption: drive intentional selling of Microsoft support solutions to meet desired customer outcomes & enable consumption across all three Microsoft clouds
- Developing & Maintaining a High-Performing Team: build a team which is diverse & inclusive, developing seller proficiency in the core capabilities & skills required for their role, guiding career development & role modelling Microsoft Leadership Principles & Practices
Key Experience, Skills, Knowledge & Education Required:
- 7+ years of Enterprise sales support experience required
- 5+ years experience leading high-performing sales teams in Software & Cloud Services organizations, preferred.
- Proven sales expertise, with a track record of consistently meeting & exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrable sales excellence discipline
- Commercial Support services & solutions knowledge
- Experienced in sales methods & processes
- Bachelor’s degree with exposure to Information Technology (or equivalent)
- Track record leading specialist teams, selling & delivering complex professional services solutions to Enterprise customers
- Experienced in running annuity business
- Support Sales Leader - Ability to: implement sales strategy, effectively translating organizational business requirements into team directions & plans that deliver success: Skilled in Sales strategy & planning & leading successful sales teams by creating clarity & generating energy, as well as change management, relationship building, collaboration & influencing through partnerships & networks
- Sales Excellence Driver - Ability to: drive sales discipline & accountability. Skilled in coaching sellers to drive sales excellence behavior improvements & increase proficiency in lead management, opportunity qualification, close planning, pipeline hygiene & deal forecasting
- Market Leader - Ability to: anticipate market changes & opportunities to drive business growth. Skilled in: influencing CXOs, inspiring customer confidence & passion, engaging on high profile deals to inspire & coach sellers by example; & connecting customer insights & sector/industry technology & business trends to identify market gaps, leveraging executive relationships to continuously grow the business
- People Leader - Ability to: attract, inspire & retain high-performing individuals. Skilled in activating inclusion, hiring diverse talent, managing rewards & performance & continuously coaching to develop proficiency & enable career progression
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.