|Job Type:||Full Time|
Have you ever thought how the computing space would look like if all machines could explain and
annotate the data using one single language? How the complex integrations across systems could be
made so much easier if the underlying data models were readily available?
We at Common Data Model team have a bold vision to break through the enterprise silos and
democratize the data for the benefit of the customers. Our vision is to establish a common language
that can describe the data in a more meaningful way, that every product can leverage to bring a variety
of data unification and analytical/ML scenarios to life.
We built a declarative specification that establishes standards and defines schemas in enterprise data
space, enabling more effective interoperability between solutions offered by Microsoft and those of
partners. We are striving to establish a healthy ecosystem of technologies, programmatic interfaces,
tools, and services, that span across business space and provide seamless data integrations, where raw
data is infused with semantic information via metadata structures. With these foundational software
components being embedded into the company’s business solutions, we will make a shift in the
enterprise market and attract customers with offerings that empower them to do more.
As part of this team you’ll work in a fast-paced and fun environment, solving exciting API, modelling and
semantic structuring problems, and build and deliver customer value with everything we do. The job
provides an opportunity to:
- Make impact to how Microsoft data foundation services and tools evolve.
- Work in a world class team of engineers, architects and leadership that will help you grow your
- Be part of a dynamic community that will enable you to learn, collaborate and contribute with
the top minds in the industry.
We are looking for a motivated and ambitious software development engineer to join us in our bold
mission to change the data modelling and integration landscape and unify product interop approaches
over a single, powerful data structure and semantics description system.
You feel at home when you:
- Work closely with your teammates to solve hard problems and build innovative software
- Design and develop complex components and services using popular programming languages
and following best engineering practices;
- Demonstrate technical leadership and know-how across a variety of technologies;
- Delight customers with easy-to-use yet powerful products, where quality matters most;
- Express your ideas, share experiences and discuss strategies with wider audiences;
- Accept challenge, embrace ambiguity, and then exceed the bar on delivered results;
- Collaborate with external development teams and stakeholders to drive projects through
development cycles until the final delivery;
- Challenge status-quo and question sub-optimal designs and processes;
- Guide and support less experienced team members with patience and respect.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science, Software and Computer Engineering, or equivalent field.
- 5+ years of professional industry software development experience.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality applications and/or services using modern
development and testing techniques and tools.
- Experience working with C# language and .NET framework.
- Solid technical writing skills; existence of online publications is a plus.
- Experience leading and influencing software architecture designs.
- Industry experience with software tools and methodologies in the data modelling domain.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS or similar cloud computing platforms.
- Knowledge of Java, Python and Typescript languages is a plus.
- Strong design and coding skills with a preference for complex algorithmic computing.
- Experience working in or establishing developer ecosystems is a plus.
- Experience ramping up, mentoring and supporting junior engineers.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.