|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Excel is one of the best known software products on the planet--there are hundreds of millions of people across the globe using Excel every day to store, transform, analyze, visualize, and share their data. We are embedding Intelligence in every day Excel users’ tasks, empowering them and streamlining, simplifying and transforming their day to day work. The opportunities in front of us are huge and their possible impact is even bigger. If you’ve been looking for that kind of impact through work, this may be the role for you.
We are a vibrant, energetic, agile with a continuous shipping mindset engineering team within the Office Organization. We deliver Intelligent services powered by Machine learning, Client integration and anything in between using the latest techniques and technologies in Machine Learning, Statistical Modeling, Natural Language Query, Azure Services, Griffin Service Delivery and Torus Authentication. You will work with diverse, smart people ranging from research, data scientist, designers and product managers who all care deeply about collaborating in a fun and supportive workplace, and you will have an incredible opportunity to learn and grow. Best of all, your work will impact millions of people via Excel, Office and other partner products who are leveraging our services.
- Architect, design and build robust, scalable and efficient service and service delivered features that support millions of users.
- Drive compliance, security, scalability and reliability for Ideas services
- Work with intelligence and data science teams to provide platform for accessing telemetry for secure, compliant model training
- Help drive insights KPIs to improve retention, and seen, tried, kept rates
- Drive adoption of ideas features through external partnerships and expansion of internal use.
There is a lot of cross group work, technical design, and commitment to ensuring only high quality end-to-end experiences reach our customers. We’re looking for someone who loves that kind of work and is proficient at creating and maintaining warm and productive working relationships. What’s really important is that you can show empathy for customers, be sensitive to their needs, and are capable of contributing to the team’s success as we work to deliver a great user experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or similar.
- 8+ years of programming experience writing code with at least one of the following languages: C++/C#/Java or other object oriented language
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Ability to effectively communicate technical subjects at varying levels of technical detail
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple, incremental deliverables
- Experience collaborating across teams to deliver complete and cohesive features and end-to-end experiences
- Passion for building secure, compliance, scalable services.
- Experience with building Azure services and managing live sites.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.