|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
In this Business Development Director role, you will have the exceptional opportunity to deliver corporate level leadership for highly strategic growth opportunities and identify, architect, negotiate and drive successful execution of deals with partners and customers. This is not only about delivering impact to our customers and partners, but this rolecouldmeaningfully impact the direction and acceleration of success for our customers and partners on a global basis.
This role in the Artificial Intelligence & Mixed Reality Platforms team within Business Development focuses on our AI Platform, extending our core value proposition for developers and IT professionals through innovative partnerships and high-quality management of key partner relationships.
- Strategy Development: Collaborate with key stakeholders across the company (engineering, marketing, sales, finance, legal) in the development of business and product strategy, drive strategy into the Microsoft ecosytem, and identify and architect partnerships and acquisition/investment opportunities that creates significant new businesses for Microsoft.
- Transaction Execution: Identify, evaluate, and prioritize specific inorganic opportunities in support of the broader partner strategy including developing the business case for a partnership (strategic rationales and economics), defining deal structure for scalable and durable solutions for complex business opportunities, develops and implements plans for managing deals in order to lead a book of deals with workback schedules, key milestones, communication and reporting, combines extensive understanding of risks and rewards with negotiation skills to manage broad engagements across all business functions, provides breathrough ideas and collaborates to close strategic or high impact opportunities in order to scale the business. Drive deals to closure while maintaining a willingness to walk away from deals which do not meet business objectives or introduce an unacceptable risk.
- Deal Governance: Monitor complex deal performance and track efficacy relative to expectations post-close. Maintain ongoing relationship with partners to ensure compliance and commitments are fulfilled.
- External Relationships: Leverage a network of relationships across the industry with partners, potential partners, acquisition targets, competitors, investors, thought leaders, etc., for unique opportunity identification and transaction execution.
- Industry Expertise: Become a sought out subject matter expert on Artificial Intelligence and machine learning technology, solutions, industry, and competitive trends. Demonstrate an ability to favorably position the Microsoft value proposition versus competitors and then builds a solution to meet customer needs. Be able to represent Microsoft by speaking at industry conferences or participating in industry groups.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Planning and Strategy: Business strategy and market development expertise with deep analytical and business modeling skills. Ability to make decisions based on strong 360-degree strategic thinking is critical to success in the role.
- Passion: Lead great end to end customer experience including technology services that open new growth opportunities and innovations in business models and partner alliances.
- Influence: Experience influencing and driving results in a complex and highly ambiguous technical and business environment including ability to communicate and influence all levels from senior executives on down and all functions (including, engineering, marketing, sales, finance and legal).
- Collaboration: Experience independently leading cross-disciplinary virtual teams and driving key business development initiatives for highly complex deals from creation to implementation in partnership with senior Microsoft executives.
- TeamEngagement: Experience toengageand motivate a distributedv-team with strategic direction for large impact defining Artificial Intelligence and machine learning deals, acquisitions, and partnerships.
- Key interpersonal traits: Motivation, creativity, adaptability, unquestionable ethics and integrity, bias towards data-based decision making and a willingness to take calculated risks.
- 10+ years of experience in a business discipline which could include experience in business development, consulting, marketing, sales, partner management, finance, or relevant product development/software engineering experience in a role that included external-facing engagement with customers or partners.
- Relevant experience in structuring, influencing and negotiating, and managing complex commercial deals and/or acquisitions.
- Experience in Computer Vision/Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, or other enterprise software solutions.
- Bachelor’s in business, engineering,or related field.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- A strong understanding of, and experience related to Artificial Intelligenceand machine learning solutions
- Solid understanding of Microsoft’s cloud offerings
- Higher degree or MBA preferred