|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about creating incredible online experiences? And are you interested in working on the front door to a multi-billion dollar business? If so, join our team that builds and operates the Azure.com website.
We are part of the Azure engineering organization, responsible for the top of the funnel for Microsoft’s massive new bet. A great online experience for our customers is critical to Azure’s overall success. We have strong customer empathy and use data and KPIs to optimize the site to be best-in-class.
As a Program Manager on our web team, you will directly contribute to the strategic and operational needs of the site and team. In this role, you will work closely with a talented engineering team, collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders across Azure, and have the opportunity to design, deliver, and iterate on new site changes, features, and processes that directly impact customers.
We are looking for a Program Manager who can manage a dispersed team of content developers. Someone that can be innovative in analyzing blockers and priorities, technical acumen to evaluate content code contributions, and have the organizational and execution skills to dive deep into the details to find solutions and drive complex project requirements. To be successful, the candidate must excel at cross-functional collaboration, love problem solving, be passionate about the user experience, and eager to find new efficiencies in ambiguous situations.
Manage Content workstream:
- Serve as a Scrum Master and Agile Coach to a team of content developers
- Work closely with marketing PMO team to establish priorities and requirement gathering guidelines
- Partner with teams involved throughout the lifecycle of a website Request to increase efficiencies in throughput and stakeholder satisfaction
- Establish key performance indicators for the content workstream and implement a reporting cadence to track impact
- Serve as the team administrator for Azure DevOps Boards (ADO) and systems onboarding for new team members
Drive key initiatives that progress team’s platform initiatives:
- Define and document requirements, develop execution plans, and manage the delivery of key milestones toward a multi-year migration to a Content Management System, without slowing down ongoing support of the Azure business
- Reconcile and work to migrate experiences and updates to their appropriate domains in a scalable way that optimizes for the customer experience
- Collaborate with partner teams to establish and implement governance model to maintain content quality and support of product launch readiness
- Drive down the cost, and increase reliability, of executing existing categories of updates
- Increase scope over time to cover more change types and best practices across domains
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or a related field
- 4 years of Program Manager experience working with web engineering teams in an agile setting
- Experience managing multiple projects with multiple work streams; Proven record of innovation and program results
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to impact and empower team members and influence key stakeholders
- Ability to translate requirements and scenarios into features, including writing specifications with user experiences
- Experience with Azure, Azure DevOps or other Cloud platforms
- Technical depth and understanding of web design and application development
- Comfortable working with technical engineering teams and ability to quickly grasp new technical ideas
- Passionate about team culture, organizational design
- Experience using data to drive prioritization and measure progress
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.