|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure Edge + Platform brings together Edge platforms, devices, and services to deliver Edge solutions, operating systems, and engineering systems. Driven by its customers’ needs, Azure Edge + Platform seeks to accelerate growth for Azure, E&D, and Microsoft’s customers worldwide.
The organization’s portfolio spans the Cloud Edge Stack, Azure Engineering Systems, Azure Media Services - for end-to-end media workflow and analytics - and Microsoft’s Operating Systems including the Azure Host OS and Windows. This portfolio impressively powers the world with more than one billion monthly active devices.
Team overview: Have you ever wondering how Azure works? Have you ever wondering how Azure provides high quality of services to its hundreds of thousands of customers? Have you ever wondering how Azure continues innovating to help its customers achieve more by managing planetary-scale, reliable cloud production services? If you do, please join us: Azure Platform Engineering team. The mission of the team is to make it easy for everyone to create, consume, and manage large-scale production services and infrastructure so our customers can achieve more. As a team, we bring together significant and complementary capabilities with tooling, infrastructure, monitoring and insights in new ways to increase our perspective. Our diversity of knowledge and experience comes together for the benefit of our users, our colleagues, our business, and ourselves. Come join us to help our customers achieve more!
- Architect and lead the detailed design of these operation management services/systems. Tasks will include development of brand-new services, re-architecture of some existing services, and drive natively integrated end-end solutions.
- Provide overall technical leadership and help to provide technical directions. Work closely within the team and across teams to help resolving technical conflicts and achieving consensus.
- Dive deep and Hands-on implementing most critical components, ensure service’s quality, especially ensure data quality.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies that will take the business to the next level.
- Evangelize services we have, best practices and processes.
- Grow engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Java or C++ or C#.
- 5+ years of experience designing and building large scale distributed systems which deal with huge amount of data, provide high quality data and predict possible events then prevent customer impacts.
- Proven experience in diverse technologies and technical challenges, in services development and systems engineering
- Proven experience in cloud technology stacks
- Excellent communication skills, collaboration skills and driving skills
- Cloud operation experience, cloud native mindset, including performance, reliability, resilience, scale-out and big data analytics/machine learning.
- Demonstrated ability of driving complex problems and reaching consensus across teams
- Excellent communicator, comfortable presenting to large audiences and customers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.