|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Supply Chain and Provisioning (CSCP) is the team behind one of the World’s largest Cloud Infrastructure responsible for powering all Microsoft Products and Services as well as powering Microsoft’s “…Cloud First…” mission. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We need skilled developers with a passion for technology, a vision of the future, and sound business judgment to help drive the organization forward. The Capacity Management team within CSCP is at the tip of the Capacity Fulfillment promise for the Microsoft cloud, building the engineering systems that are needed to address this critical problem for Microsoft. We are a dynamic team working with customers and partners in delivering to the promise of the Microsoft cloud. Strong empathy for the customer, deep engineering and problem solving capabilities and the ability to stay nimble and motivated through challenges brought up by the constantly growing and expanding customer base and demand are characteristics of our team.
We are looking for a passionate engineering lead to join the team and drive our offerings to the next level of scale and functionality by collaborating with partners and business to deliver new features to make Microsoft’s Cloud more agile. As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for all every-day aspects of our distributed build tools and infrastructure, including architecture, customer interactions, roadmap decisions, backlog and product ownership, engineering quality and release processes. You’ll also make an impact through people development and career growth. If you are motivated by solving hard business process problems with technology then this could be the position for you.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in an engineering role, with a proven track record of delivering complex products and services.
- Familiarity with designing and operating distributed systems, data transformations & modeling and strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills, ability to talk to customers as well as partners and senior leaders.
- Deep background in all aspects of software engineering and development lifecycles.
- Passion for improving the reliability of engineering systems.
- Proven track record of defining requirements, KPIs, priorities, and planning of the team’s deliverables.
- Knowledge of data science or data modelling techniques a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.