|Job Type:||Full Time|
Recognized as a leader in Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms, Power BI is a business analytics product and service that delivers insights to enable fast, informed decisions. It is also one of Microsoft’s most exciting products/services - frequently in the news, growing user base very rapidly, and making waves across the industry.
Come join the team that creates it and be an integral part of developing features and solutions that provide world class data analytics experiences that help millions of customers across the planet get more out of their data. Leveraging the latest development technologies and platforms such as Typescript, modern Angular, and Azure, Power BI spans everything from web client, desktop application, to backend services\workflows\APIs in the cloud. If you're looking to develop software that helps business users as well as developers and spans the full stack, this team is for you.
You will be responsible for technical planning, implementation, monitoring of feature usage and quality, and sustained engineering for issues/incidents impacting customers. We work closely as a team, often pairing up on feature development, and working closely with Program Managers, User Experience Designers, and partner product teams. As a senior engineer, you will also be responsible for collaborating with other feature squads on the team to ensure high quality work, and will mentor junior developers.
- Work with design and product managers to create excellent end-user experiences and compelling end-to-end scenarios, balancing goals with technical constraints
- Enrich our feature offering, consolidating architectures blending desktop application, web client, server and cloud in interesting and compelling ways
- Develop and leverage experience working on complex technical design and architectural efforts, and execute on them in an incremental and value-driven way
- Partner closely with software engineers as part of feature teams to code and deliver end-to-end features with Power BI
- Participate in Agile development practices such as Kanban, incremental delivery, and pairing
- Support, operate and maintain world-scale features in the Power BI Service and Desktop application, with focus on quality, reliability and performance
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Great problem solving and design skills, and passion for quality
- Great collaborative skills and ability to work well in a team
- Can-do attitude, with the ability to work through difficult issues
- Ability to dive deep into a complex big system
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Web Development experience such as Angular / React / CSS / HTML5
- RESTful API design & implementation
- Visual Studio/VS Code development environment
- Database technologies including SQL or other Relational DBMS
- Experience with Azure/web services a plus
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our organization for an invitation-only Virtual Interview Day on October 30, 2020.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.