|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft 365 continues to lead the cloud transformation for Microsoft, with hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users already on the service. More than ever, our customers are betting on the cloud and expecting Microsoft 365 to deliver an unparalleled experience on every device.
The AI and Business Insights Team (AI&BI) explores big data from Microsoft 365 operations in search of consistent patterns and systematic relationships (connecting the dots) across multiple complex data sources. The goal of this team is to predict trends, find insights, and produce actionable recommendations and decisions for Microsoft 365 operations and support.
The AI&BI Software Engineer is responsible to help build and maintain the underlying big data infrastructure to support this mission. This involves building complex data warehouses, databases, pipelines and tools, as well as implementing reliable monitoring and reporting services.
- Design, build, optimize and maintain complex data pipelines with SQL, Cosmos, Azure and other database technologies
- Produce complex, business critical reporting with PowerBI and other reporting technologies
- Build and maintain server/system tracking, monitoring and alerting systems
- Provide ad-hoc data analysis as needed to support business functions
- 2+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics,
- 2+ years of experience with data analytics and reporting development, especially with large data sets and multiple diverse data sources.
- Strong coding skills in SQL, Python/C#
- Understanding of data science, statistics, hypothesis testing, p-values, confidence intervals, regression, classification, optimization, is a plus.
- Experience working with Hadoop, Pig/Hive, Spark; Familiarity with Cosmos (via Scope/Spark) and Power BI is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.