|Location:||Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft US (MSUS) is looking for a Director of Strategy & Operations who will join our National Account Team Unit (ATU) and provide expertise in these three key areas:
- Lead select highly visible key priorities from strategy through impact
- Drive strategy and planning for the organization w/ the GM
- Partner with peer teams to create a uniform and nimble National Field model to achieve our individual and shared objectives and vision
- Define and manage on behalf of the GM the customer, partner, community and field engagement strategy
- Identify a cross-portfolio program management approach to bring best practice in vision-to-impact
- Collaborate to improve overall engagement strategy and programs
- Define and lead the health of the business and potentially Rhythm of Business in partnership with the Strategy & Insights lead and Sales Excellence
- Provide chief of staff business management functions including managing teambuilding, budget, compliance, training, etc
- Lead to closure outstanding actions from Engagement related to internal and external success
About the Organization:
The National ATU (NATU) is a newly formed organization within the Microsoft US (MSUS) subsidiary. We are accountable for four key areas:
- Market-Making & Growth Strategies: identifying and incubating market-making and ecosystem opportunities, CLV and growth strategies for MSUS across all segments (Strategic, Major, SMC), including strategic growth topics (example: Accessibility, partnering re: Sustainability, etc.) to Win the Market.
- Deal Acceleration & Expansion (future): Engaging to accelerate, grow and protect key deals. Increase average deal size and partner with MSUS and World Wide (WW) to enable the change from just Win the Deal to Win the Customer.
- Strategic Accounts Strategy & Transformation: A depth, global and end-to-end growth and customer success approach as we create win the customer and win the market showcases by helping our customers achieve their 3 Horizon industry customer business outcomes, etc.
- ATU Strategy & Revenue Communities: These roles, for the Account Team Unit (ATU) GM, ATU Directors/Managers, Account Executive (AE), and Account Technology Specialist (ATS), are accountable to define and guide the capability and capacity required to help customers execute the 3 Horizon, Digital Transformation (DT) journey and achieve their customer outcomes; capture and scale best practices and coach account teams; work directly with customers and partners to drive growth; inspire, motivate and help achieve results and provide a uniform voice representing MSUS with WW.
- Lead orchestrating and driving cross-functional performance across multiple areas where consistent scale and leverage are necessary. Provide key Leadership support to include: Business Strategy, ROB, Cross Functional Engagements, Communications, Compliance, Operating Model Excellence, Budget and reporting.
- Lead Customer Office Management and serve as customer, partner, field and community engagement lead
- Execute impactful and innovative Business & Program Management
- Represent GM as proxy in cross functional and cross organizational internal and external engagements
- Act as a NATU Chief of Staff: Support GM, lead NATU & Strategic Accounts functional, organizational and operational strategy, planning and management
- Drive NATU organization communications and scorecard, annual Planning & Performance Review Rhythm-of-the-Business (MBR, QBC) and approach, to ensure the org is achieving a FastStart and execution is focused on business priorities
- Report development and prioritization across broad set of stakeholders
- Process & Data ownership of Scorecard Target setting and NATU Scorecard Reporting for MSUS
- Accountable for the governance level of workstreams to drive alignment on strategic investment decisions and maximize impact (scorecard and revenue) of all NATU investments in MSUS
- Leadership of investments across teams to support incubation and acceleration of Go To Market
- Management of key vendor resources to build and scale special projects as broader incubation efforts
Note: As this is a forming organization new to MSFT and MSUS, the incumbent in this role can help determine directly the course of this function, our priorities and even the definition of this role.
- 15 years overall experience in GTM, portfolio management, business development, program management, operations, and/or executive communications.
- 5+ years of Technology industry experience
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience. MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Prior people management experience strongly preferred
- Strong business and technology acumen
- Executive maturity, organizational agility and strong impact and influence competencies
- Self-motivated and directed, requiring minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively across groups (business and functions) in a fast-paced work environment.
- Effective at influencing without authority and driving work through others.
- Proven ability to create clarity, generate energy and deliver success
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results required in the spirit of a growth mindset.
Keywords: Business Strategy, Customer Engagement, GTM, Communications, Program leader, Sales Transformation, Operations
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.