|Location:||Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
The Commercial Manager is a senior leader who plays a critical role hiring, coaching and developing a team of Commercial Executives (CE), whom key accountabilities are to work as part of the Microsoft Account Team as a specialist resource and to deliver the appropriate licensing solution meeting customer software requirements.
The Commercial Manager is entrusted to manage the workload of the team, who are accountable to driving billions of dollars of Volume Licensing Sales. As the team lead, you are expected to coach the overall Microsoft selling process and the CE team that drives year on year growth in revenue and market share, optimizing the customer lifetime value, delivering strong partner and customer satisfaction.
- Hire the right people who will drive licensing revenue and market share for Microsoft.
- Coach the account teams & CE team around account planning guidance to maximize volume licensing revenue, negotiation strategies and deal escalation strategies and tactics.
- Coach account teams and other field stakeholders on the role of the CE (strategy and vision) and how best to engage.
- Develop the CE team to further enhance their program and product licensing skills and sales and relationship management competencies.
- Implement world-class approach within CE team in judiciously utilizing discounting on deals, help partners and sales teams to close complex Enterprise Agreements and Cloud deals.
- Perform a role in the segment leadership to help set strategy for the segment by leveraging licensing and deal-making expertise.
- Work with key stakeholders in the business – Business Desk, Operations, Licensing Solution Provider Partner Sales Executives, and others to build a sustaining licensing growth engine that is cohesive, resilient and optimized
- 5 – 8 years of Sales or Sales Excellence experience
- Seasoned sales and negotiation professional, unafraid of conflict
- Positive attitude with a passion in licensing and working with internal stakeholders and customers.
- Good communication skills and comfortable speaking at all organizational levels, from the CxO to the procurement/purchasing teams
- Experienced in establishing trusted advisor/strategic consultant relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills with strategic thinking and ability to analyze data to identify trends, risks and opportunities
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, MBA preferred.
- In-depth and strategic understanding of Microsoft licensing programs will be essential but not required at hiring.
- Sales and partner management, sales processes and methodologies training as per Industry Standard.
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) certification for licensing preferred.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.