|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference.Flipgrid’smission is to empower everyone on the planet to share theirvoiceand respect the diverse voices of others.
TheFlipgridteam has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers over 100 million educators, learners, families, and organizations across 180 countries. Check out #FlipgridForAll onTwitter!
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about adding to our team culture and engaging the community we serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. You should be purposeful, quality-driven, curious, determined, collaborative and fun.
We'relooking for a talentedresearcherto join us to help define and inform compelling experiencesfor our global community of educators, learners and families.You'llhave the opportunity to shapeand influence thedirection ofFlipgrid,the world’s leading video discussion platform ineducationto improve the experience for our community. We value creativity, sharing ideas openly, and having fun while we work. Most of all,we’remotivated by the desire toempower our community andcreate product experiences people love.
In this role,you will partner closelywith an interdisciplinary team ofmarketers,designers,analysts, product management, and engineers to define, test and ultimatelycreate newimprovedexperiencesfortheFlipgridcommunity. You will have the opportunity to employ a wide range ofresearchmethodsincludinggenerativeand formative,moderated and unmoderated,qualitativeand quantitative.
You will need to be able to juggle multipleprojects,aligned withdifferent schedules such asreleasedates and product planning roadmapsand communicate with all the parties involved on expectations on results.
You’ll share the responsibility for ensuring a successful user experience for the product and will be expected to:
- Work with stakeholders to understand research needsand develop research plan for your productarea.
- Partner closely with design, community engagement, customer experience and analytics to develop a deep understanding of our community and surface opportunities to inform the product roadmap.
- Pull froma broad portfolio of research techniques from generative to evaluative to inform product and design decisions throughout the entire product cycle.
- Design, execute, and analyze research to deliver insightful and actionable results.
- Communicate research findings in clear and compelling waysto all levels of the product team, with ability to explain methodology, insights and design recommendations.
- Build a trusted partnership with stakeholdersto inform the roadmap for your area.
- Contribute to an overallcommunity focused and data-influenced, team culture.
- 5+ years of industry experience conducting a range of research methods applicable to all product stages from conception to release, driving tangible outcomes with product teams, and a proven track record of success.
- Experience with a broad portfolio of research techniques from ethnography, field studies, interviews, evaluative usability studies, surveys, scorecards, and competitive analysis.
- Proven ability to articulate the implications of research findings in clear and compelling ways; translate data into insights, and research findings into actionable recommendations.
- Track record of successful partnership across product teams.
- Ability to work within tight timelines and tight budgets.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- A minimum of Master’s degree in HCI, ethnography, cognitive or experimental psychology, sociology, or related field OR a BA/BS in one of the above fields with significant academic or industry experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.