|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are the Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) team, a brand new Azure service. Our history is in Remote Desktop, a mature and strategic business for Microsoft supporting thousands of enterprise customers and SMBs with app and desktop virtualization technology (VDI). With WVD, we are developing a core set of scalable and distributed Azure services that are changing the computing landscape instantly delivering rich applications and desktops experiences to any user on any device from Azure’s global footprint.
Our team, at its core, values individual creativity and passion and is a place where we expect every developer to continually grow both technically, and personally. We value people who can bring a diverse perspective to our product and where a developer will not just write code but will have a real meaningful impact on the direction of the product and which features to build. We are building a team where diversity of thought and background is valued as strongly as technical skills, and where everyone is encouraged to come up with innovative ideas to make our customers’ lives better. Curiosity, creativity and versatility are strongly valued. But successful candidates will also need to demonstrate an ability to deliver viable solutions that can run efficiently and reliably in large distributed computing environments. Given the broad range of technologies we use, all candidates should expect to grow and learn a lot with our team.
As an engineer on the remote desktop team, you will work on the next generation of Remote Desktop services that are built for both cloud and on-prem deployments. The work will involve writing new features, improving security, performance, reliability and scale of the system. You will work on integrating our services with other Azure services. As features are developed, you will implement diagnostics for enterprise admins to diagnose problems. You will also be responsible to add telemetry to know the adoption of the features and its issues. You will sometimes be working directly with customers to resolve their issues.
- 3 or more years of experience as a software engineer, coding an object-oriented programming language such as Java, C#, or C++
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in developing and owning production quality, scalable software services and/or Big Data ingestion and processing pipelines.
- Experience designing / building / shipping / debugging production quality software services
- Experience in designing, building, and trouble-shooting large-scale distributed systems
- Great design and problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence
- Demonstrable ability to own and deliver projects and results of increasing technical complexity
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.