|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure is one of the fastest growing businesses at Microsoft and one of the largest cloud providers in the world.
Azure continues to build the largest global footprint of any Cloud provider with 54 regions live and announced, with more in the pipeline. As an increasing number of customers and partners make their switch to the cloud over the next few years it’s critical that we deliver the necessary innovation to be the cloud platform of choice, while keeping it secure and reliable.
Windows Servicing and Delivery (WSD) team is responsible for keeping Microsoft customers protected and productive by continuously building and delivering quality updates to the Microsoft Cloud and client properties, and all supported versions of the Windows operating system used by consumer and enterprise customers.
We are looking for a technical Program Manager who can help us redesign existing engineering systems and processes used to update the OS powering critical Azure infrastructure. In this role you will have an opportunity to think about strategic changes to increase agility, reduce costs and simplify process and tools.
If you are passionate about solving large business problems at scale through cutting edge technology, with extraordinary customer focus and insight. You are data-driven, quick learner and enjoy creating incremental value towards a well-defined long-term business value then this is a role for you.
In this role you would work closely with datacenter, network and OS experts, an exceptional software and DevOps teams to optimize cloud infrastructure servicing updates.
We are a fast-paced team with roles spanning from where Program Managers have tremendous impact and ample opportunities to learn and grow their technical and business skills, and their careers.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Identify, evaluate and prioritize opportunities in support of infrastructure OS update
- Apply data driven insights to create business justifications and value proposition for proposed engineering investments
- Convert complex scenarios into business requirements and then drive technical feature specifications.
- Develop a deep understanding of Azure platform and Operating System updates and use of Compute, Storage, Database, and Networking services in Azure required to architect applications
- Partner with the software engineering teams to implement scenarios that will increase the capability to deliver against critical KPIs
- Driving efficiency and quality into the engineering processes in partnership with the engineering lead
- Manage schedules, risks, and issues with effective communication to the team, to senior management and company executives, and partners inside and outside Microsoft
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, business or other engineering/science/technical degree
- 5+ years’ experience in program management and/or engineering environment.
- Experience driving product vision, create product design and manage product roadmap with cross-functional teams.
- Experience developing/launching products/technologies within one or more of the following: Cloud, enterprise, internal tools
- Deep experience in distributed systems, building large scale platforms, and cloud technologies.
- Understanding of Windows and/or Linux internals and diagnostics
- Technically adept and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization, from engineers to executives.
- Ability to derive clarity from ambiguity, and direct teams to deliver effective solutions
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills.
- Experience around software-based automation and large data analytics.
- Experience managing day-to-day technical and design direction.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.