|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you excel at learning new processes and business functions, and are able to critically analyze and assess internal controls for effectiveness and adequacy? Come join the team that will ensure our controls are working as designed for the new MS Federal business! The ideal candidate for this role is a subject matter expert that will be responsible for planning and executing audits to ensure Microsoft’s compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), other agency supplements, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Microsoft Policies. Other areas of focus may include operational security, cybersecurity, privacy, and human resource matters.
You will be leading and managing internal audit project teams, providing updates to internal management and stakeholders throughout the projects as well as providing consulting services regarding risk and controls on a wide range of projects and corporate initiatives. This position involves a significant amount of exposure to senior management and requires the ability to communicate results and recommendations with clarity and conviction..
- Plan, lead and execute projects focused on evaluation of company risks, internal controls, and compliance while demonstrating knowledge of Microsoft government business and related cloud services.
- Support Program Manager on risk assessment and audit program development.
- Establish and communicate audit goals and objectives, define methodologies, procedures, and delegate activities to approved personnel to meet scope and objectives.
- Assess risk factors, key controls activities, and other pertinent information.
- Identify timelines and managing resource allocations to meet requirements and insure timeliness, and
- supervise all phases of audit projects including audit team, planning, field work, reporting and other project communication.
- Manage certain administrative functions related to the audit, including staff performance evaluations.
- Assist in the development and mentoring of auditors by sharing information and knowledge among the Audit, Risk and Compliance group, and guiding as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with audit department standards and guidelines for each assigned audit.
- Remain current and increase knowledge in the areas of auditing, accounting, business, company products and company information through self-study and/or continuing education efforts.
- 5+ years of demonstrated work experience in related field.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS)
- Strong knowledge of operational and compliance auditing.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
- Ability to travel domestically for 2-3 week periods up to 30% of the year.
- Specialized audit skills or industry experience such as fraud, privacy, manufacturing, online services, software.
The following are preferred:
- Professional certifications including CPA, Chartered Accountant, CIA, or CISA.
Security Clearance Requirements:
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & strongly supports diversity in the workplace. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should notify the recruiter. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.