|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft empowers every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more through providing cloud based, cutting edge services to the world. The Cloud Hardware Instructure Engineering team incubates and develops new technology proof of concepts driving platform portfolio Azure Cloud. The Advanced Architecture & Platform team with multi-disciplinary team with responsibilities including concept generation, concept proposal, critical evaluations, requirements capture, prototype engineering and documentation support for executive reviews. The Azure System Engineering team is seeking a highly motivated, Mechanical/Thermal Systems Engineer Architect to build innovative the next generation systems.
Mechanical and Thermal Systems Engineer
- Work at team lead or individual contributor in the identification, modeling, analysis, architecture, integration, and management of complex systems and processes
- Perform feasibility analysis of mechanical and thermal related to new product concepts.
- Create technical documentation, including functional and refined requirements, theory of operations, requirement linkage, etc.
- Contribute to the creation of project schedules and budgets
- Lead technical development activities from initial proposals and feasibility studies through system deployment
- Provide technical overview and project status updates to internal and external customers
- Proficiency in CAD concept development and thermal simulations. Broad engineering background with experience leading multi-disciplinary development teams.
- Experience defining and executing detailed test plans for complex systems
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to clearly communicate with technicians, engineers, managers and executives.
- Experience interacting with customers and handling highly confidential information
- High degree of organization and the ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, Applied Physics or equivalent
- 5-7 years minimum relevant experience
- Skilled with design, development, and analysis tools
Additional Factors Resulting in Added Consideration:
- Broad base of experience working with multi-disciplined development teams
- Hardware and/or software development experience
- Working knowledge of servers design, rack design, and data center environments
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.