|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking for an opportunity to leverage your diverse expertise to unlock the value of data, transform business processes, create new experiences, and infuse the business with look-forward prescriptive and inquisitive insights? Would you like to bring your passion for evolving and refining business operations to maximize outcomes for Microsoft and our customers? And do you enjoy building and developing high performing teams? If so, we have an opportunity for you.
As a shared services organization, the Modern Analytics and Insights team supports the Customer Experience & Success and Cross Industry Solutions (with Microsoft Consulting Services therein) divisions. Our organization has a unique opportunity in front of us – to enable and drive a differentiated and connected customer experience across all three clouds. Together, we will make an impact, on multiple fronts including envisioning and executing a single, integrated digital roadmap, amplifying our P&L impact, deepening advisory quotient with stakeholders/leaders, infusing tech intensity to shape our digital journey and creating a culture of experimentation and innovation.
Director, Business Analytics and Insights
Director, Business Analytics and Insights combines business strategy & digital vision and will be in a rare position to enable and accelerate the data-driven transformation of the entire Consulting and Customer Experience and Success divisions. You will drive transformation through application of a combination of descriptive analytics and modern statistical, machine learning and AI approaches that will help unlock business value through structured analytic workstreams. You will create new, scalable and persona-based experiences to consume cutting edge insights for critical business outcomes by creating powerful narratives. You will partner with the MAI leadership team to help influence, support and drive the organization’s vision, mission and key business goals.
This role will require you to lead defining and solving business problems in an end to end manner, including the cross-functional ones within & outside Modern Analytics and Insights. You will need to be comfortable engaging with senior leaders and managing priorities in a fast-paced, complex matrix environment. This role will require deep business understanding, and hands-on expertise on aspects of analytical frameworks including aspects of data engineering and data science required to create non-obvious insights for the business. This role calls for a balance of collaborative leadership and influential skills across the team and beyond, in addition to supportive individual contributions. If you are ambitious, detailed oriented and an effective collaborator who thrives on driving impact and enabling others, then this role is for you.
A successful candidate will be a highly motivated person who can solve complex business problems, prioritize, and setup scalable analytic programs & process for large scale deployments. The individual will work across multiple teams, must have the ability to think strategically at a global level, and effectively develop key analytic framework & machine learning approaches that drive exponential impact for high value workstreams. It’s also important for you to work successfully in a team environment, build effective working relationships inside and outside group, and accommodate the working styles of our diverse team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive highly visible, high impact and complex analytic engagements impacting the data platform and advanced analytics ecosystem.
- Own the end to end insights creation-to-consumption lifecycle, leading business problem definition, hypotheses formulation, designing and delivering the solution
- Be Savvy in usage and application of advanced analytics concepts in the realm of Classification, Regression, Forecasting, Decision trees, NLP & other ML techniques to yield futuristic rich and bold insights.
- Enable all stakeholders and leaders on prioritizing on the initiatives/workstreams/features/scenarios based on business value dimensions. Partner with leaders to frame, shape and execute on the critical insights for business decisions
- Engage broadly with multiple teams to frame, structure and prioritize business problems where insights can have the biggest impact
- Drive the programmatic execution of prioritized analytic workstreams in an agile manner. Ensure no business disruption through the execution and landing.
- Setup and drive multi-tiered governance process across prioritized work efforts, bringing all the business/engineering/analytics leads together.
- Drive the adoption of business insights with the intended personas to realize the business value
- 7+ years of experience in managing teams or largescale complex programs focused on BI/Analytics
- 12+ years of enterprise work experience
- 12+ years of overall work experience with ~8-10 years of relevant experience in data analysis or related engineering field as a data scientist, or ML engineer
- Strong experience in managing relationships with business leaders and executives, leading complex portfolio of engagements or programs, enabling leaders to make data-driven decisions
- Proven track record of shipping highly scalable and reliable analytical solutions through multiple cycles
- Familiarity in technologies such as Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Bricks, Power BI, SQL, Python, R,
- Experience in leading insights & analytics related engagements and partnering with teams that build complex analytical models.
- Broad business acumen with the ability to translate abstract thoughts into understandable messages for wider consumption
- Exceptional influence without authority and excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to act as a liaison between business stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Able to deal with ambiguity: can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.