|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft’s cloud platforms and services that millions of people use every day.CO+I builds and operates the foundation upon which Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and organization comes to life.
The Cloud Infrastructure Security, Safety, and Governance (CISSG) organization is situated within CO+I, and is led by a General Manager who is accountable for several practice areas, including operational assurance, compliance, risk management, Environmental Health & Safety (EHS), and physical security.
CISSG is recruiting a leader for the CO+IEH&S Center of Excellence (CoE).
The CO+I EHS program is designed to build a strong culture of health and safety, deliver robust and efficient EHS services to prevent incidents for all workers in the globaldatacenters, provide a healthy work environment, and ensure compliance with applicable legislation and Microsoft policies / standards.Our EHS team is dedicated to implement world-class services to our stakeholders in Cloud Operations. We want to be an industry leader in EHS and work with partners in construction and operations of our datacenters to continuously achieve better results and drive towards our goal of ZERO incidents.
We are looking for a Sr. Director with extensive EHS experience to lead the Center of Excellence for Safety Program Management, Safety Global Initiatives, Safety Supplier Management, Environmental Management, Health Services, and EHS Assurance.The role reports to theglobal leader for datacenter safety, security and governance and is based in Redmond, Washington, USA, with some flexibility on other locations. Come join us if you are an experiencedleader with expertise in managing multi-disciplinary teams that are accountable for EHS, business financial management, business planning, business project management, andbusiness consulting. The successful candidate must be a thought leader, a team player with strong communication and relationship management skills, diverse and inclusive leadership beliefs, and able to effectively manage and develop people along with a significant workload across geographic, functional, and organizational boundaries. The candidate must be able to work globally across our diverse portfolio of geographic locations, and have a proven record of a growth mindset.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Ownership and management of the EHS capital and operating expense budget (undisclosed publicly).
- Defining guiding principlesfor the entire CO+I EHS organization.
- Defining specifications, standards, and procedures (how it is to be done) for the entire CO+I EHS organization.
- Leading the consulting practice of subject matter experts for the entire CO+I EHS organization.
- Continuously improve the efficiency and maturity of the overall EHS program through traditional methods as well as innovation and technology strategies.
- Lead financial discussions and planning cycles blending people, process, and technology.
- Maintain confidentiality, discretion, and protect Microsoft information without question.
- Oversee global initiatives and projects to ensure they are delivered in accordance with established requirements, deadlines, and applicable EHS law and company policy.
- Attract, develop, and retain talent; deliver results through teamwork; model, coach, and care for our Microsoft values with a passion for diversity and inclusion.
- Develop metrics, data, content, and presenting same to peers, senior leaders, and executives.
- Collaborating and partnering with others in a OneMicrosoft, growth mindset manner, to achieveshared goals even in competitive scenarios.
- 10+ years’ experience leading large scale multi-disciplinaryEnvironmental Health Safety (EHS) teams and/or programs
- Planning, financial management and business leadership skills
- College degree (Bachelor or higher) related to EHS,engineering, business/finance, or functional riskmanagement..
- Experience in Operations or Construction management, with context of EHS risks.
Ability to meet Microsoftmscreening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.