|Job Type:||Full Time|
Does pioneering new and innovative ways to collect and showcase key customer data sound exciting to you? Are you passionate about data and do you feel we have been missing the opportunity to be more data-informed atMicrosoft? Do you want to contribute to an effort that is one of the most critical for the future success ofM365and E+D? If so, theE+DInsights, Data Engineering & Analytics(IDEAs)team might be an excellent place for you to grow your career.M365is at the core of our Company’s mission to enable people and organizations to achieve more. Be part of the team building platform services handling millions of users and exabytes of data. This is not just some large-scale web service: the implementation ranks among the world’s largest andstate of the artdistributed systems,spanningacrossdata centers around the world. The Insights, Data Engineering & Analytics team’s goal is to champion a data-informed culture; to inspire and enable the entire E+D organization to make more informed decisions through data. We see this effort as a huge opportunity in providing information to the organization that will improve efficiency, empowerment, and helpMicrosoftwin in the critical cloud business sector.
As part of our team, you would be responsible for the technical leadership andsubject matter expertiseon end to end developmentoflarge scaledata solutions that will helpE+Dgain the strategic insights we need to deliver the most optimal user experience and to quickly adapt to market conditions that are constantly evolving. You will also apply yourdesign and architecture expertiseand analytical skills to petabyte scale data problems using the latest and most modern data analytics technologies on an ever-increasing number of data signals produced by the different products part of the M365 suite and our partners across the company. In this position you will face tough engineering challenges every day as we deal with very large, disparate and usually complex data sets as we aim to provide an efficient and reliable platform for data wrangling and curation. The integration of different data democratization and visualization techniques will also enableusto extract even the most deeply embedded insights from this data to then make those insights readily available to everyone in our organization, affording them the flexibility of analyzing said data in a self-service manner.
- Bachelor’s degree required; BSCS or higher strongly preferred.
- Experience withJavaor C++ or C#.
- 8+ years of experience designing and building large scale distributed systemsandsolutions.
- Proven experience invarioustechnologies and technical challenges, inservicesdevelopment and systems engineering
- Proven experience in cloud technology stacks
- Demonstrated ability of driving complex problemsand projects, collaborating withnumerousteams/organizationsand reaching consensus acrossteams
- Cloud operation experience, cloud native mindset, including performance, reliability, resilience, scale-out and big data analytics/machine learning.
- Architect and lead the detailed design and development of new business models, re-architecture of existing services, andabilityto drive natively integrated end-to-end solutions.
- Provide overall technical leadership and direction for the team and the organization. Work closely within the team and across teams to helpresolvingtechnical conflicts andachievingconsensus.
- Customerfocus;keeping compliance and quality of data and services in theforefront.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies, practices and processes that will take the business to the nextlevel.
- Representative and evangelizerfortheteam and theorganization andtheservicesprovided.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.