|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our mission at Microsoft is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our partner ecosystem is at the forefront of bringing this powerful mission and it is the One Commercial Partner (OCP) organization that drives the transformation of this ecosystem to accelerate cloud growth for all partners and Microsoft.
As the ISV Partner Development Manager-Manager (PDMM), you will have the opportunity to drive Healthcare, Education, State & Local Government ISV ecosystems – three of the fastest growing partner businesses at Microsoft on the leading edge of the shift to cloud services and digital transformation. This senior leader represents Microsoft to the ISV ecosystems and manages a team of PDMs communicating our strategy, selling our vision and bringing partners along in helping our customers digital transform. The seniority of the role is evidence of Microsoft’s deep commitment to our ISVs’ success in the cloud and to enable mutually beneficial relationships.
The PDMM is a key and influential role within the Microsoft US Industries Sales Segments, US OCP and across Microsoft. The charter of the PDMM and team is to develop and drive the partner engagement, solution development and business growth strategy for the industry. The role needs to provide leadership to build the right partner capacity and capabilities from within the existing ecosystem and through the recruitment of new targeted partners aligned with the strategic needs of the Healthcare, Education and State & Local Government industries.
The PDMM is responsible for accelerating our partners’ transformation to the Microsoft Cloud, and driving strong partner preference on Microsoft’s platform versus our competition sales, marketing, technical capacity and execution, IP co-sell, customer acquisition, consumption and usage contribution to Microsoft in the US market and overall ISV satisfaction and success.
Partner Strategy: Lead the development and execution of OCP ISV recruitment and cross-industry managed partner business growth strategies and plans, ISV trusted advisory relationships, solution capacity development, and overall partner performance for all Recruit ISVs in US market. Build high impact relationships with partners’ senior leadership. Be the voice of Microsoft to the Partner Ecosystem and to the market and industry.
Team Leadership: Recruit, retain, coach and manage a world-class high performing team that will transform and grow ISVs’ businesses in the Microsoft clouds and guide ISVs to build Microsoft solutions and services aligned with market opportunities. Oversee and be responsible for team commitments and strive for success. Be a team leader who sets aspirational goals, develops high levels of enthusiasm towards success and ensures effective teaming and coordination between roles and across US and WW OCP and other Microsoft US and WW teams to win business and remove blockers.
Business Leadership: Make business and investment decisions and drive orchestration (including sales, technical, go-to-market, and channel management) to grow Microsoft business and impact across the ISV partner portfolio. Influence US OCP and subsidiary leadership to align strategy and resources to help the team achieve targets as measured by revenue, consumption/usage, solution-build, capacity/capability and partner satisfaction.
Experience in alliance management, enterprise sales, channels, and marketing is required. Effective people management, business management, and communication skills are critical. The ability to write and present complex ideas and concepts to a wide range and size of audiences, from CVP to CEO level, is a must.
- Depth of experience in one or more of the following industries: Healthcare, Education and/or State & Local Government
- 10+ years of technology sales experience, partner channel development, business development, alliance management, cloud solutions practice development
- Proven success delivering joint solutions on the Microsoft platform with ISVs or customers
- Strong working knowledge of key elements impacting and influencing Partner P&L
- Working knowledge of software and solution development practices
- Working knowledge of enterprise software management practices, including selection, deployment, and management processes
- Demonstrated experience and success engaging with senior executives (CVP level and above)
- Ability to work in a cross-organizational boundary and a cross-discipline manner
- Extensive experience managing people and virtual teams across functions and geographies:
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork, diversity and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Able to motivate team and manage complex people dynamics
- Solid business understanding of –
- Microsoft cloud platforms - Microsoft Azure, Business Applications, Microsoft 365
- Knowledge of competing cloud platforms
- Cloud computing technologies, business drivers and emerging trends
- Strong executive communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with large and small audiences
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills
- Business degree and/or MBA
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.