|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Applications is a key focus and investment area for Microsoft, combining an extensive portfolio of cloud business application technologies with the breadth and reach of the Microsoft Cloud in a way that no other provider can. Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform are one of the fastest growing set of Microsoft cloud services and serve as the foundation for the overall Microsoft Cloud -- allowing organizations to gain a holistic view of their business from marketing to sales to back office operations and modernize legacy business process.
The Business Applications Finance Team is chartered with building a sustainable & high growth cloud business. The team helps establish and drive both tactical and strategic business execution, assesses business performance, generates critical insights, forms investment and trade-off decisions, and helps shape business transformation.
We are currently hiring for an experienced finance individual to lead the FP&A team. The team leads the rhythm of the business, drives critical processes, provides next gen cloud analytics and insights, and recommends and drives actions to accelerate the business across Engineering, Sales, Marketing and other finance teams. The person in this role will need to demonstrate strong people management skills, drive exceptional cross team collaboration, provide thought leadership and crisp storytelling around the evolution and the business health of the Business Applications portfolio.
- Manage and lead a 4-5 person finance team, providing coaching, support and leadership to team members
- Lead Rhythm of Business for Business Applications (Finance Close review, Executive Business Review, Senior Leadership Team, Board of Directors).
- Drive meaningful business course correction; enable actionable decision making
- Provide timely insights to key business metrics; identify business opportunities and drive actions to contribute to growth
- Orchestrate revenue Forecasting and Planning cycles for Business Applications.
- SLT & Subsidiary Scorecard: Provide insightful tracking and monitoring of KPIs and communicate performance and actions to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Provide thought leadership on external KPIs for Dynamics and Power Platform and partner across Marketing, Investor Relations and the Office of the CEO on external momentum.
- Generate cloud usage analytics and insights and partner with Engineering, Marketing & the Customer Success Organization to drive business decisions.
- Partner across the rest of the finance organization as well as with the business stakeholders on various cross team projects.
- Lead centralized functions across revenue reporting and business hierarchies.
- 10+ years of finance experience, with clear evidence of career progression
- People management experience with demonstrated excellence
- Polished interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated drive; ability to effectively manage multiple projects, have attention to detail, and work effectively under deadlines
- Ability to collaborate and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, influencing across multiple complex organizations, creating effective business partnerships
- Ability to lead and influence business partners through executive maturity and balanced self-awareness
- Understanding of the business application industry desired
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Business
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.