|Job Type:||Full Time|
Director of Finance – Sourcing (Devices)
Come be a part of a Microsoft Devices! The Devices business is hiring a senior finance leader to take on a high impact role as a Director of Finance leading our Sourcing Finance Team.
You would lead a team that is responsible for partnering with Strategic Sourcing on the bulk of Microsoft Devices’ multi-billion-dollar cost of goods (COGS) spend. Devices is responsible for the Microsoft Hardware businesses including Xbox, Surface, HoloLens, Surface Hub, and PC accessories.
The successful candidate will be a motivated leader and team player who can bring a combination of financial expertise, industry experience, leadership and influence skills, and understanding of the electronics industry to this business space to drive superior financial results in close alignment with our business partners.
- Finance partner for the GM of Sourcing
- Leadership of a team of Sourcing Finance Managers
- Partnership with the Devices Sourcing team to achieve superior financial results throughout product lifecycles via:
- Collaboratively working to help identify and drive cost reduction opportunities.
- Analysis of Sourcing business deals.
- Working closely with business and finance leaders to determine consistent metrics, measures, reporting and analysis and creating meaningful financial metrics to gauge the financial effectiveness of decisions and actions.
- Advising senior management on financial impact of various alternatives and recommend preferred course of action.
- Oversee key parts of the financial planning/budgeting/forecasting and analysis processes; partnering with business and Finance management to provide value-added insight.
- Drive financial analysis of business results, including monthly financial reviews with Sourcing leadership team.
- Providing thorough financial analysis of key suppliers to assess risk and options for mitigation.
- Providing leadership and guidance in the development of systems and tools.
- Working closely with other parts of the Devices Finance team to ensure a seamless flow of information and processes.
- Provide leadership of key initiatives within the broader Devices Finance team.
- 12+ years related Finance experience with strong demonstration of people leadership, business partnering capabilities, business results and controls and compliance.
- University degree Finance, Economics or related field.
- Experience in Operations Finance and a deep understanding of the electronics hardware industry preferred.
- Ability to influence, negotiate, resolve conflicts, establish credibility, trust and partnership at all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record of achieving results through influence with no direct line authority.
- “Thinking out of the box” and “Can do” attitude combined with hands on approach.
- Strong ethics, integrity and accountability attitude.
- Ability to drive simplicity within a complex and matrixed environment.
- Excellent communication, cross group collaboration and interpersonal skills, able to simplify complicated material in executive-ready manner.
- Strong analytical skills including financial/business modeling and analysis, attention to detail.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.