|Job Type:||Full Time|
The mission of the Iris team in the E+D Data Platform and Growth organization is to drive the growth of the E+D (and broader Microsoft) business through personalized engagement and recommendations across all Microsoft products. Iris is Microsoft’s central customer engagement and personalization system that drives engagement across Microsoft (Microsoft 365, Azure, Xbox, Bing, Edge, Dynamics, …) and across channels (in-product surfaces, notifications, email, SMS). Iris leverages AI, customer knowledge, high-scale services, distributed computing, and configurable experiences to drive growth by making the right offer, to the right customer, in the right place, at the right time. Iris enables engineers, product owners, and marketers to have a direct conversation with users, learn from their implicit and explicit feedback, and use the learnings to improve Microsoft products on a continual basis with large-scale experimentation.
As we continue to expand the scope and adoption of Iris across Microsoft, we are seeking a talented Engineering Manager to come join us on this critical and exciting initiative. The position requires leading innovation in developing high scale services and help design, implement, and deliver the next generation AI driven personalized experiences across various Microsoft products.
- Broad range of experience across multiple service and client technologies, and proven ability to succeed across organizational boundaries
- Build scalable AI systems that personalize customer experiences and deliver the most relevant, engaging content across Microsoft products
- Partner with product and engineering groups to translate requirements/specs into engineering roadmap, and drive agile execution
- Manage, hire, and grow a strong engineering team. Provide day-to-day leadership and mentoring to the engineers.
- Focus on quality in Engineering and Operations
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a related field.
- 8+ years of experience in software development and building services, apps, and big data processing workloads on cloud platforms (Azure/AWS/GCP)
- Demonstrated skills in building and motivating high-performing teams with direct experience leading individual contributors
- Strong analytic skills and great attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to collaboration and teamwork and ability to deliver via influence
If you are passionate about applying AI at scale to drive growth across all Microsoft products, come join us!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.