|Location:||Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft has a longstanding commitment to global corporate philanthropy. Since 2016, we have donated more than $2.5 billion in cash grants, software, hardware and cloud technology to hundreds of thousands of nonprofits and helped over 200,000 move to the cloud. In September 2017 we launched Tech for Social Impact (TSI), powered by a sustainable social model where profits are reinvested into expanding support for nonprofits. To do this, TSI brings together our donation and grants programs, commercial sales efforts and partner ecosystem to empower nonprofits globally to address the world’s most pressing needs. This will include leading the “Digital Transformation for Social Impact” go-to-market, working with nonprofits to maximize their social impact through the power of Microsoft platforms. Profits generated from this business will be reapplied to scaling operations and to support cash donations to high impact social projects. Fueling all this new work and investment is the aim to empower every nonprofit to do their best work to create inclusive and enduring positive impact throughout our communities.
THE ROLE: The Tech for Social Impact SMB Worldwide (WW) Lead is responsible for building and leading a significant and growing business focused on serving SMB nonprofit organizations. The role is responsible for building and executing upon the plan that will drive sustainable growth through SMB engines, orchestrate sales and customer success engagement with key partners/service providers, develop data-driven insights in collaboration with WW SMB teams, and partner closely with marketing in planning and GTMs. The SMB Lead role appreciates the unique value that small/medium nonprofits bring to communities throughout the world and works to scale Microsoft’s impact through these nonprofits.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Develop a deep understanding of nonprofit challenges and opportunities and the ways technology can help them deliver their missions
- Develop the SMB GTM plan in partnership with the TSI partner and marketing teams that will drive sustainable nonprofit SMB revenue, increase cloud adoption, growth, and reach of new nonprofits worldwide
- Work with marketing to develop and execute globally “Digital Transformation for Social Impact” demand generation campaigns to build awareness, new contacts, leads and sustainable revenue
- Manage all SMB vendor relationships, which include leading a 13-person Sales Demand Response and Lead Routing team that manage all marketing leads and customer inquiries
- Take the lead on developing and then executing upon our SMB TSI expansion plan that will take us into new countries
- Collaborate with the Tech for Social Impact partner team to optimize partner engagement for sustainable channel growth by orchestrating partner recruitment motions through Indirect Providers and Customer acquisition engines through Direct Resellers
- Use data to understand broad customer trends, needs, and new ways to engage digitally and globally to reach more nonprofits WW
THE PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- 6+ years of related experience in the nonprofit or SMB space
- Required – Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred – MBA/Master’s Degree
- Passion for nonprofit impact: Likes to win and is passionate about making a strong contribution to nonprofits and the social impact they drive
- Strong experience building and operating “scale engines” including digital marketing, inside sales, customer success, and thru partner execution
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills, with the ability to ramp quickly in a new role
- Passion to understand and advocate for the needs of our customers, partners, and field sellers
- Proven track record of delivering strong sales results and quarterly revenue accountabilities. Experience selling to nonprofits or SMB customers is preferred
- Strong capabilities to lead and motivate others in a v-team environment
- Experience working with significant amounts of data, developing insights from data that are applied to improve business performance
- Ability to work at multiple levels of organizations and adapt approach to any situation, especially with high-levels of ambiguity and independence
MICROSOFTS COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY: At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.