|Job Type:||Full Time|
Public Cloud is the most important trend in IT today, and inflection points of this magnitude come along very infrequently. As the move to the cloud continues to accelerate, Azure is focused on being the cloud platform of choice for all. Azure Compute is the bedrock of Microsoft’s public cloud strategy, the cloud platform that is trusted by over 95% of the Fortune 100. Our customers look to us to deliver a platform that enables them to accelerate their business, that gets the infrastructure out of their way and enables them to run their applications with high reliability, no matter what their scale. It’s an incredibly dynamic, high growth, and strategic business.
We are looking for a highly technical program manager with real passion for core cloud infrastructure and engineering efficiency. A program manager that knows that a great customer experiences for our cloud customers starts with a solid, reliable infrastructure, and that shares with us our relentlessness on always continuing to make our cloud better, safer and more stable. If you, like us, get motivated increasing the quality of Azure, we would love you to consider our team.
Our team works on core infrastructure that helps other teams in Azure deliver changes safely to our customers. Our underlying core infrastructure continues evolving overtime to drive efficiency and scalability. Given the scale of Azure, each improvement made can have an incredible impact in engineering efficiency across the company, and as a result have a positive impact to every single one of our cloud customers.
Our approach is customer and business centric, and collaboration is a fundamental part of our culture. If you want to be a key contributor to the Azure expansion, help services teams across Azure be more successful, and unleash your imagination and energy to make things happen better, faster, yet more safely, then we have a place for you. We are looking for a program manager with strong technical and analytical skills, a collaborative mindset, a track record of driving for results, a can-do attitude, and lots of positive energy.
Note that this position is located in Atlanta.
- Work with customers and partner teams to identify and prioritize maintenance and bootstrapping centric scenarios
- Lead product planning for E2E scenarios
- Define KPIs and establish and execute on plans for improving those KPIs
- Partner with the development team on scenario design, product tradeoffs, incremental delivery
- Drive cross team technical issues and customer experiences
- Prepare content for cross-team and executive reviews
- Present to customers, and use customer and partner feedback to continuously improve the product and the technology
- Understand customer requirements around Azure deployments and drive them into the product
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in the Software industry
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in a technical Program/Product Management role shipping infrastructure components, distributed software products or cloud services
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to lead and motivate a high-energy team
- Strong technical background and solid foundation in software engineering principles
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Exceptional cross-team collaboration skills
- Experience in Azure Cloud, Windows OS, Hardware and/or Deployment technologies are strongly preferred
- Hands-on coding experience desirable
- BA/BS or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
#MicrosoftATL #AzureCompute #AzureCore
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.