|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cloud Computing is the one of the most important initiatives for Microsoft. It is a highly competitive and rapidly growing market and we aim to win it. The Azure Compute Analytics and Insights team is a growing Agile team tasked with turning our incredibly rich and Big data into strategic assets that will drive business and engineering goals and efforts.
As a member of our team, you will be helping to build tools and analytics purposed at improving the availability and reliability of Azure Compute resources with a focus on low latency scenarios. We’re looking for full stack developers with an emphasis on Data Engineering. The ideal candidate should have a passion around turning data into meaningful analytics that impact the business. As a member of our team you would be helping to analyze causes of failures for physical machines in Azure that host VM workloads and deliver insights to engineering and executive leadership to inform overall Azure compute strategy. This is critical work that will enable Microsoft to more efficiently run our data centers with lower failure rates for our customers. If you’ve dreamed of having global impact and love working with data to create huge business value, come talk to us today!
We are a small team that emphasizes teamwork and collaboration. Team members are expected to:
- Share accountability of a wide array of assets and be comfortable with learning a broad array of technologies.
- Contribute towards driving visibility into customer impacting events on Virtual Machines or higher-level azure services built on top of Virtual Machines.
- Assist with building an automated data quality solution to detect problems in downstream dependencies and take automated action to correct them.
- Help design and build experiences on top of the data engineering work we do focused on driving measurable value to the Azure Compute business.
- Look for opportunities to share learnings and tools broadly within Microsoft and beyond.
Specifically, our team does cutting edge work with Azure Data Explorer (Kusto) and makes a point at contributing back to the larger environment.
- (required) 2+ years of experience in C#, Java, or other Object-Oriented language
- (required) 1+ years of experience working with SQL or Azure Data Explorer
- (preferred) Experience with Agile work processes and tools
- (preferred) Experience with serverless architectures and other cloud architectural patterns
- (preferred) Experience with web development
- (preferred) Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Math
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.