|Location:||Mountain View, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
- Review technical documents, presentations, and briefings and advise business on whether items constitute technical information.
- Advise and measure the business on how to stay within the scope and restrictions of EAR and ITAR authorizations.
- Train and motivate employees on procedures for handling and safeguarding export-controlled hardware, software, and technical information.
- Establish effective business partnerships with personnel at all levels to support business initiatives.
- Assist with establishing access controls and requirements for information systems that prevent unauthorized exports.
- Assist with regular audits of compliance with export controls and inventory of equipment under compliance,
- Perform Incident management of export control items as well as investigations of potential incidents.
- Collect learnings from After Action Reviews and inject into the program to improve training and processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related discipline
- Miminum of 4 years' of relevant work experience to include a combination of export compliance, engineering, security, and/or program management
- Demonstrated knowledge of the ITAR and EAR.
- Experience training employees on export processes and compliance.
- Experience with assessing compliance risks in the business and developing proactive strategies to mitigate risks.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to interact and team with Company personnel and external advisors.
- Understanding of factory operations, and hardware manufacturing processes of ITAR and export-controlled equipment.
- Some travel will be required
- This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Due to contractual limitations and ITAR obligations associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.