|Job Type:||Full Time|
Does the opportunity to help create impact in a brand new organization sound exciting to you? Are you an engineer who is passionate about exercising your distributed systems background in a start-up environment? If so, this Senior Software Engineer role on the Azure Supply Chain & Logistics team may be a great fit for you!
Azure has made Microsoft one of the biggest players in the public cloud domain. Microsoft Azure Commercial Vertical group focuses on building Azure capabilities for key industries like retail, where there is a tremendous potential for the adoption of public cloud.
Come join the Azure retail industry team in creating a new Azure service targeting end-to-end supply chain logistics. Our aim is to use AI/ML, optimization algorithms, and data ecosystems to reduce cost, increase transparency for retailers and customers, and increase network use for all parties in the supply chain.
As a team, we are proud of our startup culture - dreaming big, working hands-on with customers, collaborating closely with colleagues, and daring to build something that has never been built before. Together, we apply cutting edge big data and analytics technology, machine learning and high-end services to empower retailers to focus on their core business and not worry about logistics.
We look forward to reviewing your application!
- Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions
- Understand end to end architecture and drive big innovations to help improve the experience for our customers working closely with other team members and multiple organizations in Azure.
- System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data/telemetry to make decisions
- Ensure that services and components are well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored, and reusable
- Consider testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understand when code is ready to be shared and delivered
- Collaborate closely with other members of the team and mentor junior team members to provide design and coding guidance.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 7+ years of coding in C/C++ or C# or Java
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science (or related technical discipline) or equivalent industry experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.