|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to work in a team that’s at the heart of the Microsoft’s public Elastic Compute and Storage cloud datacenter software stack, as well as Microsoft’s private Bing cloud? The three key services a modern cloud offers to its users are deployment, monitoring and repairs. The Azure OneDeploy team builds the smarts at the cross roads of all these three. It is responsible for multi-level monitoring of both service and infrastructure health. It dynamically applies the health data to safely stage and orchestrate deployments and repairs for customer and infrastructural services on a global scale, across millions of virtual machines while maintaining high availability guarantees on services themselves. It is used by third party Microsoft customers, first party Microsoft services like HDInsight, SQL Azure, Cosmos and IndexServe, as well as for orchestrating upgrades and repairs to core infrastructural service like compute, networking and storage stacks. Azure OneDeploy System holds the key to unlocking rapid innovation while providing the most up-to-date infrastructure for customers maintaining service availability and quality. The work done in the team has a multiplier effect for the entire company as it delivers on a smart underlying infrastructure for everyone to use. The traditional methods of software delivery cannot keep up with the demand of the developer innovation and business need, and so we are innovating across all aspects of service delivery.
The position requires the expertise of distributed system design, large scale service coding capability and service analytics. If you are expert in these areas, you will find yourself applying your knowledge, validating your work in the fast-growing Azure cloud platform, and enjoying the great sense of accomplishment.
We are also looking for the developers with strong analytics mindset to tune the service and drive the results with service analytics. We offer you a strong team and culture that invests in new technologies and in our people for the long term. While we design as a platform, we ship constantly in an incremental fashion. The emphasis is on solid long term design and incremental shipping with high quality and adapt to early customer feedback. You are encouraged to come up with creative solutions for numerous hard problems like:
- How do I scale change management to all aspects of infrastructure, customer VMs and customer containers?
- How to think about change management at all layers (infra/customer, public/private) in a coherent way from standpoint of safety, staging, impact and service to service dependencies?
- How do I orchestrate change management (code, data, config) with changes in dependencies, repairs, scale/up down and other activities at all layers of the virtualization stack?
- How to deliver great change management velocity?
- How to collect and reason about health of targets across the Azure Stack?
- How to deliver awesome customer value in managing their deployments on Azure such that they find Azure is the easiest and safest places to run cloudfirst services as well as traditional enterprise IT?
If these challenges are not enough - we have more, come talk to us...
- 5+ years of commercial software development experience
- 2+ years of experience of building and shipping cloud services at scale
- Multi-cloud experience (Azure/Autopilot/AWS/GCE) and experience with multiple technologies (Chef/Puppet/Kubernetes/Swarm/ServiceFabric) are all big pluses
- Distributed systems experience
- Experience with C++/C#, or Java
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.