|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work, and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Through our Cloud-first strategy, we strive to deliver solutions that are optimized for the world and enable customers to drive their business more successfully. The Margin Strategy and Investment Optimization (MSIO) finance team is an exciting and fast-evolving finance team at the forefront of Microsoft’s Cloud-first strategy. We partner deeply with Microsoft engineering to drive margin excellence and capital allocation rigor. We support cloud infrastructure, gross margin, and R&D investment for over 200 services across Engineering Groups. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to build the Atlanta MSIO team.
The team’s charter is optimizing investments and enabling accounting and compliance across engineering. As a crucial leader within the IOE team you’ll lead the Atlanta site and will be responsible for accounting and safeguarding MSFT’s Cloud infrastructure assets and optimizing the Engineering resources based in the South Eastern United States. The role will be involved with managing a multi-billion dollar asset portfolio, driving the strategy, influencing the design of systems & processes, providing key insight to business partners, and monthly financial close processes and will collaborate with Microsoft partners globally, including Tax, Finance, Procurement, Supply Chain and Business Operations to optimize systems, processes and reporting for Cloud asset management. As a member of the leadership team you’ll also help us achieve best in class inclusive culture, recruiting, and people development
- Lead a high performing team to enable and add to thought leadership for Investment Optimization and Enablement.
- Perform accounting and asset management to enable business with optimal systems and processes.
- Design scalable reporting solutions for key processes, controls, analysis and insight for team and business partners.
- Provide compliance, accounting, and investment optimization oversight for the Engineering Teams in the South Eastern United States.
- Partner with finance partners to drive insight and clarity on the accounting and asset management guidance to help inform business decisions and financial planning (forecast, targets, long range planning).
- Drive compliance with GAAP/IFRS, SOX and MS Policy; enable controls to safeguard assets and accurate financial reporting.
- Collaborate with global stakeholders to meet regulatory, statutory, audit and compliance requirements.
- Build and manage close partnerships with teams across Engineering, Operations, Finance, and Business.
- Grow the talent of the organization and prepare individuals for larger, high-impact jobs.
- Be a cultural champion for inclusion, growth mindsets, and establish culture and norms that support consistent quality employee and partner experiences.
- 8+ years of relevant finance or accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, MBA/CPA preferred
- People management experience required
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking, and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with all levels of management
- Strong understanding of GAAP, Internal Controls, and SOX
- Demonstrated systems and process improvement experience
- Must be extremely collaborative and comfortable dealing with ambiguity, influencing across multiple complex organizations, creating effective internal business partnerships
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, have excellent attention to detail, and work effectively under deadlines
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.