|Job Type:||Full Time|
Office 365 is at the core of our Company’s mission to enable people and organizations to achieve more. Data engineering over Big Data and Artificial Intelligence (ML) is at the heart of the digital transformation, sweeping through every business and every industry on the planet.
M365 Substrate is critical to Office 365 cloud strategy and it is experiencing tremendous growth, with 120 million monthly active commercial users and hundreds of millions of consumer users. The Substrate is a massively distributed cloud service with O(exabyte) data handled by O(100K) servers in O(100) data-centers around the entire globe.
At M365 Substrate Big Data Engineering we are building new compliant Data Engineering platform to empower Office 365 product teams such as Workspace Analytics, CRM, Cortex and many others to be able to create insights and intelligent solutions for their customers at scale. Our mission is to achieve Macro Agility across the entire environment life cycle starting from new application onboarding, development to Monitoring experiences for our customers.
Our culture is inclusive, casual, and high energy; our engineers come from diverse backgrounds, are passionate and loyal to coworkers and our products, and grounded in our customer needs.
The ideal candidate for this role has strong customer passion, bias for action, and deep engineering experience in architecting and delivering scalable cloud services and big data applications.
A successful candidate will show skills in the following areas:
- Expert in building SPARK applications and deep internals knowledge of spark platform.
- Deep understanding on different security concepts to secure environments to guarantee data privacy and compliance.
- Strong design and problem-solving skills. Proficient in services architecture and design patterns.
- Strong technically across set of service technologies. You can come up to speed on new products and technologies quickly and have a passion for continuing to grow in the technical dimension.
- Customer Focus and outcomes driven by making pragmatic choices to achieve goals in an iterative fashion
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate and influence teams across various teams and org to make our customers succeed
- Engineering role model and an advocate for Diversity and Inclusive team culture.
- 7+ years of experience in technical roles, solid ship experience across product life cycle
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience, planning, designing, implementing, and delivering large distributed projects spanning multiple engineers as the primary owner
- Ability to nurture and grow talent
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Solid Software engineering foundation including design and development skills.
- Existing Knowledge of Data scientists tooling such as AzureML, Jypter, Python, HDI is a plus.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.