|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
The Federal Marketing & Operations Group (Fed M&O) is the center of excellence for cross-business execution across Microsoft Federal. The Fed M&O team drives helps scale execution and drives clear business and market insights that result in Microsoft Federal achieving its business objectives.
This role reports to the Sales Excellence, Operations, & Enablement Manager who manages the team and thus is responsible for leading sales and business planning, driving discipline and improving productivity to enable Microsoft Federal to reach maximum impact in line with company/Area strategy. The Business Program Manager (BPM) assists the Sales Excellence, Operations & Enablement Manager to execute the following:
- Enabling the landing of strategic initiatives across the business
- Providing critical support and liaison activities on WW/US programs of record
- Leading change management initiatives within Microsoft Federal
- Landing enablement and readiness across the various roles of the Microsoft Federal team
- Support the identification and deployment of best practices across the Microsoft Federal team
- Providing lift and leadership to key business activities such as investment tracking and other mission critical initiatives
Contribute to Area performance across Solution Areas for Customer Adds, Consumption and Compete
Regarded by stakeholders as an expert in driving execution, growth and deep insights
Improve sales discipline and coaching culture via operational excellence and within the frame of Empower Success
Role Time Allocation
- Deliver Business Performance Insight: Work across the Subsidiary/Area to standardize, simplify, rationalize, and organize reporting to improve local execution by driving analysis and insights to advise the BSO and M&O leader of execution insights. (40%)
- Drive Execution & Resource Management: Lead ROC cycles, Scorecard, Planning, and Operational functions to scale, improve, standardize, and accelerate business outcomes. Manage resources across Areas such as Local Marketing, M&O Opex, Enterprise Cloud Investment Fund (ECIF), and marketing compliance. Drive process simplification without compromising outcomes. (20%)
- Accelerate Empowering Digital Success (EDS) Landing & Support: Improve ROC discipline and enable coaching culture via standardized meeting rhythms, reports, communications, and coaching frameworks for Modern ROC readiness, etc. (20%)
- Enable Cross-Business Execution Activities: Assist the M&O leader to scale execution cross-subsidiary (10%)
- Team responsibilities, learning, and development (10%)
Required Experience & Skills
- 5+ years related experience
- Experience and deep knowledge within Sales Excellence, Business Planning, Sales Operations, and/or Finance
- Executive exposure and cross-functional stakeholder management
- Focus on providing process optimization by understanding the desired business outcome
- Deliver end-to-end deep data analysis and actionable strategic insights
- History of driving operational discipline as well as innovation
- Experience landing readiness across large teams at scale
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Ability to work and build strong relationships with senior managers (required) and other leaders across the WW/US business
- Must have proven skills in financial, marketing, and IT management
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, planning and organizational abilities
- Intermediate conflict resolution and negotiation skills (required)
- Must be able to work independently, handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and negotiate and collaborate effectively
- Must be highly analytical, able to understand business metrics, customer and market trends
- Deep commitment to inclusion of diverse perspectives, thoughts, and considerations
Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) and/or experience in relevant fields eg: business, marketing, information technology, operations, finance. Master's degree beneficial
Travel: Some travel may be required
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.