|Job Type:||Full Time|
Surface was created to empower anyone with the ambition to turn ideas into actions, push past limits, change their lives (or the world) or simply accomplish more, wherever they are. Surface believes nothing should stand in the way of bringing ideas to life.
Now it’s perfect time for you to push past the limits and jump into a pivotal role to bring the next generation of computing devices to market. We at Surface Duo team are relentlessly working on building new and powerful mobile devices that will give life to modern experiences customers want and can get excited about. Working on next generation Surface Duo devices and product experiences requires Microsoft wide collaboration between hardware and software engineering, designers, user experience, apps teams and product marketing. Effort that brings teams together to work as one team towards the common goal to excite and delight the customer.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Program Manager who will be working closely with internal partners and mobile operator partners to build experiences that empower people to get things done. The exceptional candidate is having combination of skills from both building products and experiences, and understanding the needs and requirements of customers we are designing products for. As we are living in a connected world, the ideal candidate has knowledge about connected devices and dynamics in the mobile market.
You will work with internal & external partner teams, program management, portfolio management, development, quality assurance, and marketing on new devices and opportunities, align objectives, plans, and deliver a high-quality product.
- Overall accountability of experiences we are building with internal and external partners
- Defining the plan and priorities and supporting end-to-end execution
- Organize, present and evangelize the experience area across engineering, business and senior management
- Participate in reviewing and contributing to product plans and roadmaps
- Anticipate risks; assess, mitigate, and manage accordingly
- Develop and protect intellectual property
- Eight or more years of experience working as a program or product manager defining, driving, and shipping products or services through multiple ship cycles
- Eight or more years of experience working in hardware, consumer electronics or connected devices with technical and business background
- Strong customer empathy to understand needs and customer problems
- Good understanding of the mobile market and business
- High degree of understanding both hardware and software products
- High degree of flexibility - willing to fill in the gaps rather than relying on others
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.