|Job Type:||Full Time|
Windows is the best OS experience on the planet. Windows helps a billion people around the world Do Great Things, and we are looking for a Group Program Manager to drive the future of the Core User Experience of the product. This highly visible and highly consequential role drives both stewardship and satisfaction on core surfaces like Start, Taskbar, Input, and Settings, AND drives innovation and product evolution of the Windows Core Experience. We are seeking candidates that exemplify the Microsoft leadership principles of creating clarity, generating energy, and tenaciously pursuing outcomes. In this role you will be a product person, design thinker, evangelist, diplomat, and ambassador, along with PM leadership responsibilities like continuing to build and run a thriving team, partnering with Design, Marketing, and Engineering, and driving the broader culture. For a candidate to be successful you will need to be truly passionate about craftsmanship and coherence.
- Manage a team of program managers toward a healthy culture, discipline excellence, and product success
- Drive end user experience product work across multiple platforms and releases
- Identify new opportunities based on customer insights and the product strategy
- Lead comprehensive programs that align engineering efforts to the opportunities you identify
- Iterate on the solutions you pursue based on feedback and learnings until results are achieved
- Generate energy and build consensus on large-scale evolution of the Windows user experience, customer adoption, and satisfaction
- Engage and manage exec excitement, expectations, and participation across the Windows leadership community
- Minimum of 15 years of customer and end user-facing product PM experience
- A sizable portfolio of success translating customer insights into measurable success and meaningful impact
- A proven track record of driving a healthy and inclusive team culture, both within and beyond your direct sphere of influence
- Accomplished diplomat managing partnerships, negotiation, and conflict resolution using honed communication and presentation skills
- Mastery of leading software and/or service development lifecycles and partnerships with engineering teams
- Mastery of execution against product and engineering program timelines and logistics
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.