|Job Type:||Full Time|
Does pioneering new and innovative ways to collect and showcase key customer data sound exciting to you? Are you passionate about data and do you feelwe havebeen missing the opportunity to be more data-informed atMicrosoft? Do you want to contribute to an effort that is one of the most critical for the future success ofM365and E+D? If so, theE+DInsights, Data Engineering & Analytics(IDEAs)team might be an excellent place for you to grow your career.M365is at the core of our Company’s mission to enable people and organizations to achieve more. Be part of the team building platform services handling millions of users and exabytes of data. This is not just some large-scale web service: the implementation ranks among the world’s largest andstate of the artdistributed systems,spanning acrossdata centers around the world. The Insights, Data Engineering & Analytics team’s goal is to champion a data-informed culture; to inspire and enable the entire E+D organization to make more informed decisions through data. We see this effort as a huge opportunity in providing information to the organization that will improve efficiency, empowerment, and helpMicrosoftwin in the critical cloud business sector.
As part of our team, you would be responsible for the technical leadership and end-to-end development of the data solutions that will helpE+Dgain the strategic insights we need to deliver the most optimal user experience and to quickly adapt to market conditions that are constantly evolving. You will also apply your engineering and analytical skills to petabyte scale data problems using the latest and most modern data analytics technologies on an ever-increasing number of data signals produced by the different products part of the M365 suite and our partners across the company. In this position you will face tough engineering challenges every day as we deal with very large, disparate and usually complex data sets as we aim to provide an efficient and reliable platform for data wrangling and curation. The integration of different data democratization and visualization techniques will also enableusto extract even the most deeply embedded insights from this data to then make those insights readily available to everyone in our organization, affording them the flexibility of analyzing said data in a self-service manner.
- Bachelor’s degree required; BSCS or higher strongly preferred.
- At least2years' experience in software engineering, programming or development.Softwareprogramming experience in C#,Java, or C++.
- Experienceworkingand buildingdistributedcloud services using Azure or related technology stacks.
- Experience withAzure Data Factory, Cosmos, Kusto, Spark,Kafkaand other big-data related technology stacks.
- Experienceof software testing/release processesand methodologies.
- Prior knowledge of ETL/ELT, Data Modeling, and BI systems.
- Strong background in math and statistics.
- Proven design and analytical skills, with a strong bias for engineering excellence at scale. Functional knowledge of cloud computing and online services business models, including business, technical, and operational metrics.
- Strong background in data warehouse principles, architecture, design and itsimplementationatlarge scale.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Abilityto operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment.
- Abilityto learn and grasp concepts quickly in a fast-paced environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.