|Location:||Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
As an Account Technology Strategist, you'll be acting as your customer’s virtual Chief Technology Officer, and will be expected to:
- Utilize your knowledge of enterprise architecture and Microsoft cloud services (including the latest innovations and solutions) to create roadmaps to your customers' desired future state.
- Build strong relationships with Chief Technology Officers, Chief Information Officers, Chief Security Officers, other technical and business decision makers, and the developer community as their trusted technology advisor.
- Orchestrate activities across Microsoft and Partner resources to maximize business results, customer success and satisfaction.
- Demonstrate change management leadership skills by assisting customers with new business models, process and workflow changes, and employee impact assessments as they move towards the desired future state.
- Drive long-term growth by focusing on sustainable usage of cloud solutions that align to customer objectives and business value.
- Share your broad technical knowledge of the Microsoft platform, our competition, and the industry with customers by sharing customer and general IT landscape insights with your Microsoft colleagues.
Account Technology Strategists are unique in their:
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft’s enterprise platform and their ability to map relevant Microsoft technologies to customer IT and business needs and priorities.
- Ability to build long-term trusted technology advisor relationships that result in solid, meaningful strategic technology conversations.
- In-depth knowledge of customer technology environments.
- Ability to ensure that customers benefit from the latest Microsoft innovations and solutions.
Microsoft’s Federal Financial Agencies business has an immediate opening for an Account Technology Strategist (ATS) to support our Federal financial customers. As the ATS, you will articulate how Microsoft will enable our clients to achieve their business goals and guide the customer to invest and adopt Microsoft’s products and services. This is a fast-paced business with customers that move quickly and rely on our partnership and strategic direction.
Key experiences, skills, and knowledge:
- 5+ years of technical sales or technical delivery experience.
- Experience in financial regulated industries or commercial financial customers strongly preferred
- Proven ability to learn quickly, adapt, and master new concepts and technologies to drive their adoption and usage required
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple customers scenario’s simultaneously with efficiency
- Strong technical skills required, with enterprise architecture experience or certification preferred
- Experience in Business Consulting or Consultative Selling, and extensive experience working within Teams preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with equally good listening skills is essential
- Experience in Project Management preferred
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar information technology-related, or engineering discipline degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Additional training or education in Business, Sales, or Marketing preferred
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of U.S. Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.