|Job Type:||Full Time|
The goal of Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (CFPA) team is to provide key insights that help Microsoft make better financial and business decisions. Our team is at the hub of Microsoft's financial activities, being a key strategic partner to all sides of the business and serving a diverse set of stakeholders: CFOs, Senior Leadership Team, engineering groups, and sales and marketing teams.
Finance Directors in our team help us transform the way we measure business performance, manage resources and lead financial activities using business intelligence, modelling and analytics. As a Finance Director, you will have a unique opportunity to use your insights and strategic thinking to partner with leaders on financial decisions, investments, efficiency, and process transformation projects.
Within the CFPA team we need a passionate energetic individual to fill the role of Consumer Finance Director. This role will partner with the leads for engineering groups, Consumer Segments and Cross Segment team to ensure the highest priority deliverables are driven to success. This role will need to deeply understand the key business drivers in Windows, Surface, Xbox and Bing businesses and be able to pull this into a holistic P&L view of the More Personal Computing Segment and consumer business for internal and external stakeholders.
We are looking for an individual with excellent analytical, leadership and business skills, a person who can summarize the performance of the MPC business to the CFO and someone who can think big and execute with precision at the same time.
- Consumer Analysis: For the More Personal Computing external segment drive the monthly and quarterly analysis, key business insights and quarterly forecast triangulation and insights. Act as steward of all up Consumer business and key expert as issues emerge.
- Net Revenue: Partner with the engineering groups (EGs) as well as consumer sales teams to understand net revenue results and forecast. Act as coordinator with EG’s and the Field to improve forecast accuracy.
- Earnings Release: Partner closely with the EG teams and teams across CFT to understand the results and outlook for the business, summarize the key insights for management/external messaging and provide recommendations for external guidance ranges.
- Planning: Provide support to the Company, EG and Sales planning teams and ensure there is seamless execution and linkage with other supporting teams across the company.
- Other projects: Work with the Consumer Sales and EG teams to simplify planning, reporting and analysis. Projects could include designing standardized reporting, identifying tool enhancements and optimizing planning processes.
- BS/BA Finance or related field
- 10-15 years of relevant experience w/ emphasis on management and business analysis experience
- Strong communication, drive for results, and influencing skills
- Excellent cross group collaboration, and people management skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.