|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in radically improving the security of Microsoft’s products? Do you want to work on cutting edge malware analysis systems? Are you committed to helping Microsoft customers keep their computer’s secure and combating evolving malware threats? We are searching for a strong self-driven Senior Security Researcher for Microsoft Defender Security Research Team. Microsoft Defender Security Research team is a global team of security researchers, advanced threat hunters, and agile malware responders at the forefront of protecting customers from emerging security threats. Our research powers protection in products like Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection, System Center Endpoint Protection, Office 365, Azure, and more. We are an industry leading threat research lab that does in-depth threat research with threats and exploits to help keep our customers safe. If you are a technically strong security researcher who is passionate about having huge impact in the security industry, we would love to talk to you!
The main responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Conduct research that yield new insights, theories, analyses, data, algorithms and prototypes that advance state-of-the-art of threat protection
- Investigate, analyze and learn from security researchers, attackers and real incidents in order to develop durable detection strategies across the entire kill-chain or product enhancements.
- Work with other internal and external teams to forge new and improve existing partnerships that help mature the product
- Provide exemplary leadership in an exceptionally challenging and rewarding environment and influence the organization
- Collaborate with other researchers, coordinators and developers to improve the protection capabilities of the products
- 2+ years industry software engineeering experience
- 2+ years development experience with C, C++ or C#, and scripting languages (PowerShell, Python)
- Cyber Security experience utilizing reverse engineering and knowledge of security/threat landscape
- Reverse Engineering skills: familiar with debuggers, disassemblers, network protocols, file formats, sandboxes, hardware/firmware internals, software communication mechanisms highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of operating system internals and modern security problems preferred
- Excellent cross group and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate the business need for security or detection improvements is a plus
- Experience in dealing with big data problems and excellent skills in data analytics with a focus on security highly preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.